• Downloads

Guns Of August Tournament Second Round
07-16-2013, 07:38 PM,
RE: Guns Of August Tournament Second Round
Liebchen and Heinz are on turn 5.
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2013, 12:56 PM,
The French of KG_RangerBooBoo managed to pull out a minor victory by retaking a 250 VP hex from Barbarossa German's on the final Allied turn. This was an incredibly hard fought battle with both armies exhausted at the end. I think the VP village of Audigny changed hands 5 or 6 times before we were done. My hat's off to Barbarossa for a great fun game.
07-28-2013, 08:20 AM,
Sgt Jasper's French/Entente and my Germans/Central Powers forces fought to a bloody draw, requiring the Germans to take 1 250 point objective in the last turn, plus some points from losses. The French gained a lot of objectives, but suffered losses more than 50% higher, balancing out the results.

Thanks for the great scenario, and fight!

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
07-28-2013, 01:19 PM,
(07-28-2013, 08:20 AM)Ricky B Wrote: Sgt Jasper's French/Entente and my Germans/Central Powers forces fought to a bloody draw, requiring the Germans to take 1 250 point objective in the last turn, plus some points from losses. The French gained a lot of objectives, but suffered losses more than 50% higher, balancing out the results.

Thanks for the great scenario, and fight!

Rick

One advantage the Germans have in this game is that they don't have to preserve the Garde for later use. When playing the 158 turn campaign, those fellows need to be preserved not only for the final battle as they are by far anyone's best troops, but also as they don't receive any replacements. In this scenario you can burn them up as there is literally no tomorrow. jonny Helmet Wink
07-30-2013, 08:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM by Tide1.)
Jonny did you score a major victory or a minor victory? Never mind I just saw the major.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
08-15-2013, 09:07 AM,
Just to get it back to the top.

Also commanders the round will end 8-29-13 if anyone is still playing.Helmet Smile
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
08-29-2013, 05:49 AM,
Hans and I are almost done, but won't finish in time for tomorrow. Can we push this back a week?
08-29-2013, 06:45 AM,
(08-29-2013, 05:49 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Hans and I are almost done, but won't finish in time for tomorrow. Can we push this back a week?

That's fine David Helmet Smile
09-01-2013, 03:03 AM,
Liebchen defeats Heinz for a Minor French Victory.
09-01-2013, 07:13 PM,
Hi,

A great game, French major victory.

Maseda.