• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strategic Command WW2: Pacific Theater - Who owes and plays it?
07-01-2013, 01:23 AM,
RE: Strategic Command WW2: Pacific Theater - Who owes and plays it?
I have it. Nice beer and pretzels game that is not as complex as GG War in the Pacific. I haven't played it too extensively yet and I've not seen how it handles carrier battles or amphibious warfare.

Played SC Blitzkrieg quite a bit. That's what enticed me to get SC Pacific. I'm pretty sure I have the Global Conflict version that has Europe and the Pacific.

Once nice thing is they all play well on laptops that are don't have quad core processors and 2Gig video cards.
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 02:44 AM,
Does Strategic Command WW2: Pacific Theater play out anything close to how the old Hasbro Win95 version of Axis & Allies did?
07-04-2013, 05:45 AM,
(07-01-2013, 01:23 AM)DB_Zero Wrote: I have it. Nice beer and pretzels game that is not as complex as GG War in the Pacific. I haven't played it too extensively yet and I've not seen how it handles carrier battles or amphibious warfare.

Gents: Smoke7

I would caution folks against characterizing SCWW2 Pacific Theater as a "beer and pretzels" game - especially in regards to the myriad of strategic and tactical decisions that need to be made by players each turn.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email