• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Zipped files?
06-10-2013, 12:48 AM,
RE: Zipped files?
(06-06-2013, 10:04 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: I zip files both out of habit and because I can never get, a first time sent, unzipped file to transfer to my game folders. Confused
I'm sure there is a way but I have yet to learn it. Read

I find zipping worth the extra effort. Farmer

Cheers2

HSL

Glad to see I'm not the only one that still prefers zipped. Mostly because I like the ease at which I can unzip and dump them into the game folder. However, I'm also seeing that the reason to zip is probably not there any longer except for the very large scenarios.

For the straight BTE files, its download, go to download folder to cut, then go to the game folder to paste. Many more clicks than unzip and extract.

Yet, its one of those issues I don't really get worked up over. I take my game file however I can get it... LOL...

Regards,

Jim
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 01:02 AM,
I just right click the attached turn and save directly to my WF and/or EF folder. Boom. Done.
06-10-2013, 02:27 AM,
(06-10-2013, 01:02 AM)Nort Wrote: I just right click the attached turn and save directly to my WF and/or EF folder. Boom. Done.

Yahoo forces you save it to the DL folder, or at least I haven't figured out a way around that...
06-10-2013, 02:57 AM,
(06-10-2013, 02:27 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 01:02 AM)Nort Wrote: I just right click the attached turn and save directly to my WF and/or EF folder. Boom. Done.

Yahoo forces you save it to the DL folder, or at least I haven't figured out a way around that...

I don't use yahoo, but I'm pretty sure all webmail has an options area, you just have to find it. Somewhere in there (http://help.yahoo.com/tutorials/mmail/mm...mize2.html) should be an option for choosing where you want your downloads saved. However, it will be for ALL downloads, not just game files. Personally, I always choose my desktop.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-10-2013, 11:18 AM,
I zip the hell out of my battle files. It's in my blood.