• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Error 486
06-03-2013, 02:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 02:47 AM by Crossroads.)
Error 486
After my previous problems I had CClean fix my registry, and I did that today too.

It found out .btt file extensions are not belonging to any programme.

I then opened an existing .btt file of mine, assigned EF.exe to run it. Error 486.

Also, I am again having the issue when I start any of the East Front or West Front or Rising Sun from the JTCS Main Menu, they won't start.

What I get is the Matrix logo, and then a black screen...

I can open Game Manual from the JTCS Main Menu, so it is not that JTCS Main Menu is the culprit here.

I just created a short cut of East Front.exe to desktop, tried to run it in XP3 compatibility mode without Desktop Composition as an Admin, and got the same result.

It must be a registry thing...

Any idea before I completely install everything again. But I just did that like a week ago :(

Previous error 486 discussions:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...order=desc
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 04:11 AM,
RE: Error 486
What made this all start to begin with, HDD fail? Was the HDD the main with the windows installation, or another drive? Weird you were able to play for a week, then it starts again. Do you by chance still have automatic updates on, and/or anything else automated, that could be overwriting files, and causing this to happen, like a weekly checker, or something?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-03-2013, 04:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 04:28 AM by Crossroads.)
I am not sure how it started, I am not completely satisfied I understand how it ended, and I am not sure why it happened again...

I sent you an email with some wild guesses...

Maybe I should uninstall JTCS one more time, then somehow ensure all the old registry entries are gone, then reimstall again...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-03-2013, 05:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 05:36 AM by Crossroads.)
To answer the other questions, I had the issue first with the old HDD, assumed it was the bad sectors (there were a few), uninstalled, put the new HDD in, reinstalled to new drive.

I had automatic updates off now, nothing has changed in the setup.

A strange error, seems to come and go in random...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-03-2013, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 06:01 AM by Crossroads.)
And now, a few hours later, I booted up the computer and the main exes work again. I had tried rebooting earlier.

Something is very fishy with my set up... And I don't like the look of that fish...

Shark
Visit us at CSLegion.com