• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which System would you like to see the Blitz use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I would prefer to see the Blitz continue use the currently-in-place Bonus Ladder Points system.
16.28%
7 16.28%
I would like to see the Blitz adopt the new Ribbon Awards System and do away with the Bonus Ladder Points system.
25.58%
11 25.58%
I would like to see the Blitz use a combination of a Bonus Ladder Points and the Ribbon Awards system together.
58.14%
25 58.14%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bonus Ladder Points vs Ribbon Awards System Poll
06-04-2013, 08:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
RE: Bonus Ladder Points vs Ribbon Awards System Poll
Quote:It seems most people who want to keep point bonuses believe in tangible rewards as a key for keeping up people involvement. I am not sure on what way the points are more tangible reward than ribbons?

Hi Pawel hope your doing good, I was hoping someone else would help you out with the issues with this as I am really short on time at the moment and not overly worried about it but as your question has not been unanswered quickly I can only give you my take on it and try to explain why I think points as well as ribbons are more tangible than just ribbons.

Your right each persons profile will show ribbons and medals if someone was to look but it is a conscious decision from someone to look at another's profile, personally I rarely look at profiles not even my own and even less of other peoples not even if I'm playing them or who's near to me in the ladder both yearly or the clubs overall CS ladder so from my point of view ribbons would be lost in the either and I would have no idea who was active in the club in a non combative way as they just wouldn't show up and be seen.

Points given for testing, developing AAR DAR’s reviews, club duties etc all the things that add to the site as a whole add to a players overall total of points and mean much more in the overall rankings. Right or wrong it’s the persons total ladder points and rank that reflects there standing either overall or yearly not any personal medals or ribbons they may have, they to me are just fluff. That is the way the club is set up and that’s the way it seems most of the players view there worth on the clubs ladders.

As Battle Kat said in a earlier post in this thread
Quote:In other words, the overall rank (the one based on ladder points) a member holds should give anyone interested a good view of the person it belongs to, and I would consider other activities worth acknowledging too apart from just game results when the overall rank is considered.

Ie. I might suck as a player and never have enough time to play but I am still a Technical Sergeant thanks to my H2H testing etc. too, and carry that rank proudly!

This sums it all up, ribbons and medals are OK I have nothing against them, I'm also not worried about the amount of points being reassessed but at the end of the day this is a ladder based club so your worth to the club should be reflected in some way tangibly (In points) on the ladder.

Hope this helps you understand where I'm coming from.

Terry
06-10-2013, 08:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 08:07 AM by Contra.)
RE: Bonus Ladder Points vs Ribbon Awards System Poll
I say keep only the current ladder points format.

To me the rank system reflects player participation and dedication to the club.

I fear that awarding too many medals (depending on the number and size) may make member's posts look like a Soviet General's chest (no offence intended).

I remember seeing something like that at RUN 5 (SSG) when they started awarding medals (may have been a medal for each tournament played on) and after a while it seemed to get out of hand.
They may have done away with it since I no longer see it at the site.

We already have ELO if a player wants to get an idea of how often an opponent wins (my ELO score is rather sad but I am OK with it Big Laugh)