• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
06-10-2013, 07:02 AM,
RE: JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
Some hard earned €€€ is on their way to Germany right now. Caseking.de hurry up please!

Calling it a (frustrating) day now. Funny thing, Cold War that was moved to F: -drive too works like a dream. Oh well, this PC's have got a serious and complete format + re-install coming its way.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2013, 01:06 AM,
(06-10-2013, 07:02 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Some hard earned €€€ is on their way to Germany right now. Caseking.de hurry up please!

Calling it a (frustrating) day now. Funny thing, Cold War that was moved to F: -drive too works like a dream. Oh well, this PC's have got a serious and complete format + re-install coming its way.

Ouch... Down for the count... the king is dead, LONG LIVE THE KING!!! But it's always good to have a new system... :)

I guess there is no hurry on our artillery duel... LOL...
06-11-2013, 02:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013, 02:02 AM by Crossroads.)
Yeah the new system will be a custom built piece of marvel despite the 850 euro budget I worked with.

Our artillery duel can wait until that :)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-11-2013, 03:21 AM,
Well the next step I would have put you through would have been REGEDIT. Or actually, first step would have been to buy a bottle of scotch and drink it....then regedit. A new system avoids the nasty hangover. Smile

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-11-2013, 04:01 AM,
Well since I am about to Totalize this computer I won't mind learning about Rededit... How should I proceed? I still have some fifteen year old Glenfiddich stacked somewhere Tempted
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-13-2013, 03:53 AM,
After being on strike for three days, JTCS decided to boot up today... Go figure! Big Laugh
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-14-2013, 07:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2013, 07:36 AM by Scud.)
(06-11-2013, 04:01 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Well since I am about to Totalize this computer I won't mind learning about Rededit... How should I proceed? I still have some fifteen year old Glenfiddich stacked somewhere Tempted

First, make a restore point. If you're not sure how, type restore point in in the start menu/search box.

Next uninstall the game. Check for any files left behind on your C and D drives. If you find any, delete them too. Reboot.

Now for the fun part:

You can access regedit by going to the start menu and typing regedit.exe in the search box, then launching the exe file that will appear as the result of the search.

WARNING: You screw up anything in this file and your operating system is likely toast. Good luck with your restore. Smile

Under the edit menu is a "find" and "find next". Type in Matrix Games. The object here is to find the files that pertain to John Tiller's Campaign Series and deleting them. Just highlight the folder and hit the delete key. You want to avoid deleting any other Matrix Games since, if you do, they're gone. No going back, without going through a system restore. After each delete, do another "find" or "find next" since there will probably be folders in multiple places. Delete as you go until the search no longer finds anything. Close regedit and reboot. Drink some scotch.

I would advise, since you're curious, to just go in and look around and get familiar with it. If you feel comfortable or don't care, then proceed.

Again, screw up and it's not a fun recovery, however, theoretically you should be able to restore through a command prompt to the restore point you made earlier. Otherwise, reformat the drive and reinstall the op system, all your aps, utilities, etc.

Good luck. Enjoy the scotch! Good for celebrating OR drowning sorrows.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-14-2013, 09:28 AM,
Dang Petri, you almost have as many hard-drives as I have!! C, D, E, F(Virtual) J, K!! Never have too much HDD!!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-14-2013, 07:42 PM,
Mike: Just the absolute bare minimum: two HDDs and one SSD plus the mandatory DVD bay...

Dave: I'll take one step at a time... As a first step I'll concentrate on drinking the scotch...

Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-27-2013, 04:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013, 04:07 AM by Crossroads.)
Oh dear me... saving this for future reference: http://www.qliktips.com/2012/11/fix-wind...issue.html

I only say this:

BCDBoot c:\Windows /s z: /f UEFI

Yes, /f, not /f:

I only had restore points until now... Guess what, now I have a restore image too... Luckily, no data or setup info lost but a major scare!

Here's to you Bill Gates:

Visit us at CSLegion.com