• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
05-26-2013, 09:37 PM,
RE: JTCS won't launch anymore - what is going on?
Hey Scud & Kool Kat

This thread is kind of important especially in the light of the current Win7 and I guess soon to be Win8 or Win9 or whatever.

There is a lot of us who play CS but as has been said are not computer savy, me for one. There is some good info here on what to approach and not approach when your CS game is not functioning.

Would it be possible to tuck this away in the important threads area under a sub forum like "CS Won't Load or Run" for future ease of access?

I think it would be helpful for the future.

Thanks
Ivan the BigCigar5
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 03:20 AM,
FWIW, I put a link to this thread at the Matrix JTCS Tech Support forum.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp...=&#3333011
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-29-2013, 11:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM by Scud.)
(05-26-2013, 09:37 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hey Scud & Kool Kat

This thread is kind of important especially in the light of the current Win7 and I guess soon to be Win8 or Win9 or whatever.

There is a lot of us who play CS but as has been said are not computer savy, me for one. There is some good info here on what to approach and not approach when your CS game is not functioning.

Would it be possible to tuck this away in the important threads area under a sub forum like "CS Won't Load or Run" for future ease of access?

I think it would be helpful for the future.

Thanks
Ivan the BigCigar5

Not a bad idea. I'll take it up with the boss. Smile Maybe just a technical help forum only for CS (there's already a general one for the site).

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-10-2013, 12:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 01:01 AM by Crossroads.)
Unfortunately, the issue still comes and goes without making any sense to me.

The issue returned in the middle of testing my OOB files, so I was working with Organization Editor only. All of a sudden, I can't launch East Front.exe anymore.

1) None of the West Front.exe / East Front.exe / Rising Sun.exe work, each one of them ends in black screen after the Matrix MCS video kicks in.

2) If I click at EF.exe directly, I get the 486 error.

[Image: 486_zps3dc9b8e9.png]

3) If I click at EF Scenario Editor or EF Map Editor I get the following message which I don't understand at all.

[Image: Failuretocreatebitmapsurface_zpsdf369df0.png]

4) If I click at OOB Editor it opens up but the content is empty

Now,

- I have disabled MS Security Essentials.
- I have updated the video drivers.
- I uninstalled JTCS and renamed the folder left behind with xxx like " \xxxJohn Tiller Campaign Series"
- I reinstalled JTCS and straight after the install it does not work. Yes, the 1.04 patch too.
- CCleaner registry check: no issues.
- Matrix Operational Art of War III works just fine. It is still in the C: drive though.

So it must be a glitch in my system. But I am at complete loss what is going on...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-10-2013, 01:03 AM,
Man, that isn't even looking in the right directory for the icons2d?! And the fact that 486 is a registry thing, but it is in there, is very suspect...I'm sorry, what windows do you have again?
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-10-2013, 01:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 01:23 AM by Crossroads.)
W7 64 bit

If it plays out like it has, it will mysteriously start to work again at some point.

I thought it might have been the graphics driver. Now I think it might be the Windows 7 file system that's lost the plot...

I have not installed any automatic updates anymore.

Go figure...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-10-2013, 02:16 AM,
I think there's a registry entry somewhere there saying JUST_BUY_THE_NEW_RIG_WILLYA lol
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-10-2013, 03:00 AM,
Uninstall the game from your D drive and reinstall it to your C drive. Bet that fixes it.

db
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
06-10-2013, 03:06 AM,
(06-10-2013, 03:00 AM)Scud Wrote: Uninstall the game from your D drive and reinstall it to your C drive. Bet that fixes it.

db

I would put money on it.
Send this user an email
06-10-2013, 03:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 04:00 AM by Crossroads.)
(06-10-2013, 03:06 AM)Ashcloud Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 03:00 AM)Scud Wrote: Uninstall the game from your D drive and reinstall it to your C drive. Bet that fixes it.

db

I would put money on it.

It all started in the good ole c-drive, then moved to old d-drive, then to new d-drive. I will put my money to the new rig though. I bet this is just messed up beyond salvation as sometimes happens with Windows.

Ordering the components as we speak! Then, reformat this old rig Windows and all and then give it to my son Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com