• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New to the community, opponent wanted!
05-25-2013, 05:29 AM,
Opponent Wanted  New to the community, opponent wanted!
Hello,

I guess I should have introduced myself in my first message, sorry. Helmet Smile My name is Bruno, I'm in my 20s and I'm from the Canary Islands, Spain. Proud strategy gamer since I started using a computer back in the early 90s with MS-DOS, I've been playing the CM series since the CM Gold Demo, except for CMSF, but always against the AI.

I'm a fan of military history, especially from the modern and contemporary eras. Sadly, I haven't found much military literature here. However, I found a translated edition of Truppenführung that has been quite handy to apply when playing CMBN. Sadly, the AI leaves a bit to be desired and that's what encouraged me to look for an internet wargaming community. I also play many other strategy games, especially Paradox Interactive's productions, and I'm a member of IVAO (International Virtual Aviation Organisation), an addicted airsimmer.

I'm looking for opponents to play against in CMBN (2.01). I like tiny to medium maps, up to 2xCompany sized battles. I used to play German (all the time) but I've been played allied lately, so I don't really have a preference. If anyone is looking for an opponent too, feel free to drop me a PM. Helmet Wink

Cheers,
Brus
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2013, 05:46 AM,
RE: New to the community, opponent wanted!
[Image: 50ce15bfab98212195206.0374966001326794744.gif]
05-25-2013, 07:14 PM,
Nice introduction.

Welcome!
Send this user an email
05-25-2013, 08:33 PM,
Welcome to the Club!

From which Island do you come exactly? In winter (Europe) we like to visit Tenerife for hiking.
05-25-2013, 10:59 PM,
(05-25-2013, 08:33 PM)Toblakai Wrote: Welcome to the Club!

From which Island do you come exactly? In winter (Europe) we like to visit Tenerife for hiking.

Hey Toblakai,

I'm from Gran Canaria, the one just east of Tenerife. I'm sure you'll enjoy your holidays there, hopefully the weather will be nice, they call the Canary Islands the "lucky islands" for a reason, hehe.

If you have a couple hours to spare and are up for some "cultural" activities, make sure you visit the Military Historical Museum of Canarias. The island is beautiful, you won't be disappointed Helmet Wink
05-26-2013, 03:55 AM,
Guys, I just installed H2HH, in order to make it work I had to erase all the folders I had shared and moved all the .ema files to the new folder. Sorry for the inconvenience, n00b issues. :P
05-27-2013, 12:06 AM,
(05-25-2013, 10:59 PM)BBrus Wrote:
(05-25-2013, 08:33 PM)Toblakai Wrote: Welcome to the Club!

Hey Toblakai,

I'm from Gran Canaria, the one just east of Tenerife. I'm sure you'll enjoy your holidays there, hopefully the weather will be nice, they call the Canary Islands the "lucky islands" for a reason, hehe.

If you have a couple hours to spare and are up for some "cultural" activities, make sure you visit the Military Historical Museum of Canarias. The island is beautiful, you won't be disappointed Helmet Wink

Is the museum in Santa Cruz (Tenerife)? We were last year for one day in Santa Cruz and I didn’t know that they have a military Museum Helmet Rolleyes Next time I will be prepare Helmet Wink
05-30-2013, 09:05 AM,
Yep, it's in the city. You can find the location and details in the link below (in Spanish, though)

http://www.ejercito.mde.es/unidades/Madr...arias.html