• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs
05-20-2013, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM by Landser34.)
Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs
Turn 1
In this scenario I have to assault Phil's (Turkish troops in a fortified trench line mostly made up of bunkers.

Starting in the south with the 3rd New South Wales Bn.

I moved 2nd and 4th plts. Bco. through tunnel entry hex at (14,6) coming out at tunnel exit hex at(17,7) fired at Turkish unit at 20pt obj (18,6)pininng it then I proceeded to assault which was successful gaining 1st foothold in Phil's trench line.
1st and 3rd Plt Bco.moved through entry tunnel hex (14,6)coming out at (17,7) fired at Turkish unit at 20pt obj(18,7) disrupting them
no such luck with a pin maybe next turn.
C co. 3rd New South Wales Bn.4th and 3rd plts. enter tunnel hex at 14,6) coming out at tunnel exit hex (17,6) firing at Turkish troops 20pt 0bj (19,6)
C co. 1st and 2nd plts moved through tunnel entry hex at (15,7) where they are halted due to the congestion (stacking limitations at the exit tunnel hexes) s0 they fire at Turkish troops at 20pt Obj.(17,8) trying to at least disrupt the mg squad and other unit there to help for the next turn.
A and D companies 3rd new South Wales Move up towards the tunnel entrances will be a few turns before they get into the battle the assaulting companies have to clear out of the tunnel exit hexes.

In the norther half the 4th New South Wales Bn.
3rd plt. D co. fires at Turkish unit (16,3) disrupting it ,2nd Plt D co. fires at Turkish Unit (16,3) unit still stays disrupted though i did manage a few more casualties on it.1st plt. D co fire at same unit still disrupted but caused few more casualties.
C co 3rd and 4th Plts move through tunnel entry hex at(14,4) coming out at exit tunnel hex(16,4) firing at Turkish unit 20pt obj at(17,4)pinning them.
C co.1st and 2nd plt s move through tunnel entry hex(14,5)coming out at (17,5) assaulted pinned Turkish unit at (17,4) assault failed leaving both plts pinned
Started to move both A and B 4th new South Wales up to get into position
to the tunnel hexes in the next few turns.

My Casualties so far:
1 leader
49 men

To wrap up my turn one not what I hoped for I wanted to get a few more positions in Phil's trench line but only have the one if i dont clear out a few more in the next turn or two those reserve companies will be staked up at the tunnels unable to get into the fight.

Now lets see what Phil has in store.
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2013, 11:55 PM,
RE: Lone Pine Under the Big Top The Anzacs
Nicely done, sir! I shall look forward to reading this AAR as it progresses?

Steve
05-22-2013, 12:05 AM,
Turn #2

After watching the replay of Phil's turn took quite a few casualties and will have to rally some units before I can resume my attack.

In the south with the 3rd New South Wales bn.
Bco. 2nd and 4th plts.fire on Turkish units at 20pt obj.(19,6) pinning them and then I launched the assault which was successful then from there the units fired on Turkish unit at 20pt.obj.(19,5) pinning them I launched an assault with the 4th plt Bcc. which was successful.
Bco. 1st and 3rd plt. my plan with these two plts was to move behind in the steps of the 2nd and 4th plts to get into the trenches but every time i tried to rally a unit another would end up being pinned so they ended up being stuck in place so plan B was I fired with these units at the Turkish mg unit and rifle plt at 20pt obj at(17,8) causing a few casualties.

C co .Most of 3rd and 4th plts pinned at the exit hex tunnel (17,6) unable to rally them so they are stuck in place for this turn.
1st and 2nd plts are stuck in place at the entry tunnel hex(15,7) cannot move forward to the exit tunnel hex due to stacking limitations. so they fired at Turkish mg squad and rifle plt at 20pt obj.(17,8)causing a few casualties.

A and D companies still waiting to move into the tunnels but need C and B companies to clear out of the tunnel system before they can move forward.

In the North with the 4th New South Wales.

D co.1st,2nd and 3rd companies stayed in their trenches and fired at Turkish unit at 20pt obj.(16,3) pinning them 4th plt was in reserve.

Cco. at the tunnel exit hexes 3rd and 4th plts at tunnel exit hex(16,4) assaulted pinned Turkish unit at 20 pt obj.(16,3) the assault failed leaving both platoons pinned. 1st and 2nd plts.at exit hex(17,5) assaulted Turkish unit at 20 pt.obj. (17,4) assault failed leaving both platoons pinned but left Turkish unit demoralised C company's attack a utter failure.

A and B companies stuck waiting to move into the tunnel exit hex but cant due to Charlie companies failed attack.

To sum up
Casualties so far at the end of my turn #2
3 leaders
111 men

I could be in trouble in this one if i cant get the assaulting companies out of the tunnel exit hexes and into Phil's trenches the reserve companies cant get into the fight and every turn i can t get into the trenches will Let Phil to rush his reserves into the trench.

So far I have captured 3 objective 20pt(18,6) 20pt(19,6) 20pt(19,5)
05-24-2013, 12:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013, 12:30 AM by Landser34.)
Turn #3:

After watching Phil's turn during the replay I saw Turkish reinforcements being moved forward towards the battle line.

In the South with the 3rd New South Wales Bn.
Bco. 2nd plt. at 20ptobj.(19,6) moved forward into the Turkish trenches fired at Turks at 30pt obj.(20,5) causing no casualties 4th plt. at 20pt obj(19,5) moved into the Turkish trenches and fired at Turks at 30pt obj.(21,5) causing no casualties.3rd plt.(18,6)stayed in place trying to rally pinned units
rallying was successful rallying them.1st plt.stayed in place due to rallying troops they fired at Turkish mg and rifle plt.causing a few casualties.
Cco.3rd and 4th plt. moved forward from tunnel exit hex(17,6)to (18,5)
1st and 2nd plt.move forward from tunnel entry hex (15,7) to tunnel exit hex(17,6)
Aco. moves into the tunnel entry hexes (14,6)and (15,7)
Dco.moves forward prepared to follow Aco into the tunnel system.

In the North with the 4th New South Wales Bn.
Dco. stayed in the trenches and fired at the Turkish units causing a few casualties
Cco. 3 4th plt at tunnel exit hex(16,4) assault Turks at 20pt obj(17,4)
assault was successful 3rd plt tried to rally pinned units was not successful.1st and 2nd plts at tunnel exit hex (17,5) rallied pinned units then fired at Turks at 20pt obj (18,4)
Aco. moves into the tunnel entry hex (14,5)
Bco. readies to follow A company once they move through the tunnel system.

This turn I managed only to get one objective 20pt. (17,4) was able to move forward into the trenches and was able to feed some fresh forces from the tunnels hopefully next turn can get further into Phil's trenches before his reinforcements arrive and then he will be able to bottle me up.

My casualties so far
6 Leaders
157 men

Attached Files
.jpg   snapshot Turn#3.jpg (Size: 289.24 KB / Downloads: 14)
05-28-2013, 12:10 AM,
Nice work, Dennis. Keep it up!
05-28-2013, 12:27 AM,
Turn #4
Well after watching the replay of Phil's last turn I see his reinforcement beginning to move forward into the Turkish trenches.

In the South with the 3rd New South Wales bn.
Bco. 2nd plt at (20,5)rallies pinned units fires at Turk unit at 30pt.obj.hex (21,6) causing no casualties. The rest of Bco. stuck at the tunnel exit hex due to always being pinned down by Phil's accurate fire rallies this time fires at Turk unit at 20pt obj.(17,8)pinning both units I then launch an assault taking the objective.
Cco. 3rd plt.moves forward into the trenches from (18,6)to (19,6)and also form (18,5)to (19,5) 4th plt.at (18,5) tries to and fails to rally pinned unit then moves one section forward from (18,5) to (19,5) 1st and 2nd plts. can finally move forward from the tunnel exit hex(17,6)into the Turkish trench at (18,6) they then fire at Turk unit at 20pt.obj.at hex (18,7) causing (1) casualty.
Aco. 2nd and 4th plts. move forward from entry tunnel hex(15,7) to tunnel exit hex(17,7) they fire at Turk unit at hex(18,7)pinning the unit hopefully leaving the vulnerable to assault next turn 1st and 3rd plts move from tunnel entry hex(14,6) to tunnel exit hex at(17,6).
Dco is finally able to move into the tunnel entry hexes (15,7)and (14,6)

In the north with the 4th New South Wales bn.
Dco.2nd plt fires from trenches at Turk unit at 20pt.obj.(16,3) causing (2) casualties 3rd plt.fires from trenches at same Turkish unit that 2nd plt did and caused (2) casualties 1st plt fires at same unit for no effect 4th plt still in reserve.
Cco. 1st and 2nd plts at tunnel exit hex(17,5) fires at Turk unit at (18,4) result no casualties but pinned the Turk unit.3rd plt. tries to rally both section only successful with one of them they fire at Turkish unit at (16,3)causing no casualties 4th plt at 20pt.obj.(17,4)attempts assualt of pinned Turk unit at (18,4) assault fails leaving the plt pinned in place.
Aco. is now in the tunnel entry hexes(14,4) and (14,5)a cannot move forward until Cco. can clear out of the exit hexes.
Dco awaits their turn to move into the tunnel system.

My Casualties up to this turn:
8 Leaders
236 Men

My casualties are starting to pile up I think the next turn or two will be key to decided the outcome of the battle if i cant get further into Phil's trenches before he can move his reinforcements up he will bottle me up and the scenario will for all intensive purposes will be over.

Attached Files
.jpg   snapshot Turn #4 begin.jpg (Size: 314.41 KB / Downloads: 5)
.jpg   snapshotTurnn#4 end.jpg (Size: 287.77 KB / Downloads: 5)
05-30-2013, 02:10 AM,
Turn # 5

During replay I see Phil's reinforcements pouring in.The Turks launched a counterattack at (20,4)wiping out 4th plt Bco. then another counterattack at (20,5) pushing Bco 2nd plt.leaving them demoralized at hex (19,6).

In the South with the 3rd New South Wales bn.
Bco.2nd plt tries to rally demoralized units from Phil's successful counterattack at (19,6)one section was rallied the plt fires at Turkish units causing no casualties. 1st and 3rd plt at (17,8)fires at Turks at 20pt obj at (18,8) not good on my part my units ended up demoralized or pinned ended up rallying them. 4th plt was wiped out during one of the Phil's counterattacks.
C co. 1st and 2nd plt.moves from (18,6) forward into the trenches to (19,6)then firing at Turks at (20,5)causing (1) casualty and pinning one unit but the return file from adjacent hexes pins or demoralizing both plts.
Aco. 2nd and 4th plts at tunnel exit hex at (17,7) fires at Turks 20pt.obj at(18,7)pinning one of the units and causing (6) casualties 1st and 3rd plt moves from tunnel exit hex at (17,6) to trench (18,6).
Dco 1st and 2nd plts move form tunnel entry hex (15,7( to exit hex(17,6)
3rd and 4th plts stay at tunnel entry hex (14,6).

In the north with the 4th New South Wales bn.
Dco 1st,2nd and 3rd plt fires from trenches at Turk unit at (16,3) pinning the unit. 4th plt remains in reserve.
Cco.4th plt tries to rally pinned units at (17,4)and fails 3rd plt at tunnel exit hex (16,4) tries to assault pinned Turkish unit at 20 pt obj.at (16,3)assault fails. 1st and 2nd plts are pinned but with no surviving leaders so they remain that way.
A co. remains at the tunnel entry hexes at (14,4)and (14,5).
Bco. still waiting to enter tunnel hexes.

My casualties to this point

11 leaders
308 men.

In Closing:

To sum up I am calling this one quits and will surrender to Phil.The key to this one is on the very 1st turn you have to capture most of the 1st line Turkish objectives I failed to do that and Phil for the most part kept me bottled up in the tunnel exit hexes and now that his reinforcements have moved into the trenches\bunkers he is firmly established in the trenches and all i'll be able to do is just inflict more heavy casualties on my troops for little or no gain im already negative one hundred and some odd points.

I hope you enjoyed my and Phil's AAR and my hats off to Phil for his victory good game.

Attached Files
.jpg   snapshotTurn #5 Start.jpg (Size: 288.3 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   snapshot Turn #5 end.jpg (Size: 302.91 KB / Downloads: 5)
05-30-2013, 05:29 AM,
Nice AAR. Thanks!
Send this user an email
05-30-2013, 11:07 PM,
I have been reading this with great interest! As much excitement as in the Stanley Cup playoffs!

And may I say, "Good show, Sir!"

Steve
05-31-2013, 09:59 AM,
nice work dennis