• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Lone Pine: Under the Top! The Turks
05-29-2013, 11:04 AM,
RE: Lone Pine: Under the Top! The Turks
The sound of smalls arms fire and the cries of the wounded are incessant. Strongpoint (17,8) falls and with it one of our remaining MGs.
Our platoon officers crawl along the trenches preparing our troops for the
inevitable assault. We hear the ANZACS in the adjacent trenches getting ready for the next rush. Stretcher bearers try to remove the wounded and avoid becoming one of them. Our ammo is getting low and we are conserving our fire the the next assault. water is at a premium as attempts to bring up food and water are turned back.
Finally units from 1/47 & 2/47 in strongpoints !21,5), (21,6), and (20,3) rush the adjacent trenchline and forceback the ANZAC troops. The strongpoints will last a bit longer. Finally shouts from the rear accompanied by the clatter of many kits announce the long awaited reinforcements filtering in along the trench lines. Will theu arrive up in the frontlines in time or will they be slowed and decimated by the enemy's artillery?

Attached Files
.jpg   Lone_pine_Turk3.JPG (Size: 388.45 KB / Downloads: 5)
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2013, 05:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013, 05:32 AM by Volcano Man.)
I was reading it from the ANZAC perspective, and then I noticed this from the other side. Very nice idea. BTW, I like the narrative approach. :)
Send this user an email
05-31-2013, 11:41 AM,
The smoke, the small arms fire and the flies continue. But time passes and the next assault does not occur. Slowly the small arms fire drops off except for sniping. The ANZACs seem to have had enough. Bandsman can be seen in the distance removing the enemies' wounded. We begin removing our wounded from the front lines and an unofficial truce occurs.
But the fighting is not over. We rearm, rest, and catch a quick meal. The reserves are forming up and the inevitable counterattack will occur both to restore our front lines and to allow our sappers to mine the tunnels near our front line.

Our losses 3 officers, 115 men and we lost 5 strong-points (100VP) for a major victory for the Turks. It is possible in WWI to take any enemies positions but usually the cost is Pyrrhic. i hope you have enjoyed our efforts.