• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Random chatter...
05-15-2013, 06:26 PM,
RE: Random chatter...
Wow, playing against Jim sound super scary.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 01:35 AM,
Ash, you could be thinking "I got this. Clean sailing. He's not going to be able to counter." Then you get the "uh oh" reaction one turn as Jim goes and tacks in and steals the wind from your sails. Help4

It also is the next scenario up in our West Front world tour! Your side is what Jim played. Farmer

Cheers Pirates

HSL
05-16-2013, 11:59 PM,
Scary! Little ole me. TEEHEE What you talk'n about Willis?

I'll have you know I put my pants on like everyone else, both legs at the same time... Shark
05-17-2013, 01:55 AM,
LOL! Eek
I am just glad you wear pants. Bag Hide

Your legendary skill as a CS champion precedes you. Warrior2
Leaving many a player on that heap of bodies torn limb from limb under the relenting pressure. Scared3
I've felt the sting on more than one occasion. Respect3

Cheers6

HSL
05-19-2013, 01:13 PM,
(05-13-2013, 05:01 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: Dragoon,

I agree, a 27" screen is great. I bought one a while ago and love it. Definitely, a great addition if you can swing it.

Nort,

Bringing it, but its a little tougher when my Chaffee company vaporized in one turn. Looks like you took a P38 to them. Definitely, some tin cans.

On the battlefront,

New opening on the Western Front with Wolfman in Still Full of Fight. All I have to say is WOW. Totally unexpected on turn 2, Wolfman came after me like I stole his girlfriend. Man, this is going to be a tough fight.

I was moving forward into jump off positions when boiling out in front of me a whole column of German light and heavy panzers slammed into me slapping my Chaffees and AAA halftracks around. No hesitation from the Wolfman. Luckily for me, my guys had lots of nearby friends to greet the panzers properly.

On my right flank, his scouts came forward to slap me around a bit as well. Not sure his scouts appreciated the Jumbos running just behind my scouts though.

Regards,

Jim

Wolfman and I are progressing. He continues his furious charge forward, but a with fewer forces available to him. My infantry is beginning to rack of some casualties as they hold the line or attempt to push forward. On my right flank, my GI's moved forward and were promptly ambushed. They were driven back; however, tank fire covered their retreat. On my left flank and center, they took some fire, but are beginning to push forward.

Jagdpanzers operating solo on my left flank were dispatched with long range fires from the Jackson's and Pershings from hulldown positions overlooking the road. Previously, I saw King Tigers operating in the area so I'm not keen on pushing towards the village on the extreme left overlooking the plain.

Feeling a little venturous, I push a platoon of M4/76s forward and immediately get embroiled in a point blank gun duel with a Tiger. Scratch one Tiger. Shermans beat a hasty retreat after the engagement.

I think the casualties are catching up to the Wolfman, but it looks like he's still a dangerous foe.

Jim
05-19-2013, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM by Jim von Krieg.)
(05-14-2013, 11:22 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote: In the east, Pax25 and I are locked in mortal combat along the Vistula.

I am unable to pause to group for a massed attack due to my foes rapid movement. My center position is under duress from the mailed German fist seeking to crack my defenses. To relieve the pressure on my defenses, I attack from the march with four heavy tank companies. Two on the right flank and two on the left flank.

As the massed Germans fires pound on my infantry in their defensive positions, my heavies made their presence felt by hammering the Tigers moving up to engage me. As I slammed into his left and right flank simultaneously, his Tigers took a beating. His right flank is solid with help close at hand; however, his left is more problematic. As 88mm rounds bounce off the tough hide of the IS-2's, the Tigers are proving a tad more brittle when struck by 122mm rounds.

His Panthers and King Tigers are busy knocking the hell out of my infantry. However, he needs time to dig them out.

The next few turns are going to be very interesting as we are locked in fairly close combat at the moment.

Jim

On my right, the IS-2s are really laying waste to the Tigers attempting to push forward. His earlier attempt to enter the village with only armor was thrown back. He established a good crossfire for the close fight just outside the village, but his Tigers fired at extremely long range at my KV-85s moving in the center village. This unmasked his positions AND used up the majority of his OPFIRE on his left. This exposed his Tigers to engagement by IS-2s and SU-85s at fairly close range and it was brutal. Two Tiger companies badly mauled.

Additionally, after getting expelled from the village, Pax brought up some Panthers to support his left flank. They engaged my reinforcing T34/85s entering the area at long range to no effect. Unfortunately, the Panthers engaged them as they were moving forward through Improved Positions. Between the T34/85s and the IS-2s in the area, the Panther Company was destroyed. Unexpectedly, the T34/85s achieved good results in this isolated duel.

In the Center, Pax continues to pound mercilessly my exposed infantry. Not much I can do there at this point, but hold on to my Trenches and IPs. He is close, but I can't hit him head on to knock him back. Those Panthers and King Tigers would slice me and dice me. All I can do is send in more infantry to hold the line.

While Pax is pounding on the front door, he is trying to move in behind with two Tiger companies to cut me off. This is where my Stalin's using terrain masking made their presence known as they flood the area. I isolated and mauled a Tiger Company. After my Stalin's hammered the Tigers, my T34/85s raced to the high ground and I think are now in place to drive deep into his position. Still have to deal with a lone Tiger up there, but I don't think that will be much of a problem.

I think I've ripped his left flank open. No contact with his infantry which I got a glimpse of as it moved forward. I forgot to turn my lurker AT gun OPFIRE off, so when the Tigers retreated out of the village, my guy popped off at the Tigers to his doom. His infantry was moving up, but I think it is too late now. I don't think they have much in the area to prevent my boys from pushing out of the village to hammer his left flank.

I'm threatened in the center. With his second company of Tigers on overwatch behind my position, I can't readily race my tanks up the road to reinforce the position. My infantry is pushing forward to reinforce, but I need some heavies in the village that will guarantee the position doesn't fall. I can see his infantry (looks like engineers) cresting the ridge and moving forward. If he gets his ground pounders in there, it won't be good for me.

A valuable lesson... Check your OPFIRE settings... inadvertent shots at the wrong time can blow your plan all to hell... I am one that doesn't like to let OPFIRE rule my battle plan, it can make or break you... but I got a tad bit sloppy and exposed a key spotter at a crucial point in the battle... I sensed his infantry was moving up and plastered the road... Unfortunately, the loss of eyes on resulted in errant shots to little effect...

Great day of gaming today. All my current opponents were exchanging turns AND I was busy getting up to speed on 48th Panzer as well as organizing our team... We're about to go hot on a massive team game... I can't wait to get into this...

Have a great weekend everyone...

Jim
05-19-2013, 09:24 PM,
Giants on the Vistula.One of my all time favorite scenerio's as either side.

Fred
05-21-2013, 03:20 AM,
(05-15-2013, 06:26 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: Wow, playing against Jim sound super scary.

Hey Ashley: Smoke7

Trust me! Jim is like a Machine!

Our match was over in 7 short turns! I had no idea what hit me! dizzy
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
05-21-2013, 03:22 AM,
(05-21-2013, 03:20 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:
(05-15-2013, 06:26 PM)Ashcloud Wrote: Wow, playing against Jim sound super scary.

Hey Ashley: Smoke7

Trust me! Jim is like a Machine!

Our match was over in 7 short turns! I had no idea what hit me! dizzy

Just gets scarier and scarier!
Send this user an email
05-21-2013, 03:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013, 04:27 AM by PawelM.)
Please do not spread 'scary' stories ..... Ashley is on my team and Jim is on the opposite team on our kursk game. I do not want the morale of my team to tumble at the onset of the game Big Laugh cheers