• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Major Scenario CRASH!!!
05-11-2013, 11:36 PM,
Help  Major Scenario CRASH!!!
Petri & Mike

WOW!! Big CRASH with this scenario I was testing in EFII Forgotten Battles MOD. Got into turn 3 and was moving a US rifle platoon when I got the dreaded "Failure in the bitmap" error. The scenario and the game then completely crashed!

Oddly when I went back and reopened the scenario to see if it would play again, it opened in the German turn 1 not turn 2 so I hit turn advance. When the US side came up 2/3 of the US units where just gone! Missing in action!!

I've attached the scenario, map, org file and btt file for your use.

[attachment=3851]
This was a big crash I have never seen.

Cheers!
JohnCigar5
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 01:23 AM,
RE: Major Scenario CRASH!!!
John: the bigger they are the harder they fall...

It seems the package is missing a unit bitmap (.bmp) or outline (.bit) file.

The error message should list out the missing file(s). Could you please repeat the test, and write down the missing file names for me?

Sorry, I am running around this weekend and won't have time to run a test myself...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-12-2013, 05:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013, 05:07 AM by Big Ivan.)
Battle Kat

Looks like 2 files are associated. They are associated with the US '44 Rifle Platoon. Crash came when I tried to move that unit.

Error messages game me these files: 3d10.bmp and 13d10.bmp
Error messages were: Failure to create bitmap surface and failure to stretch bit map surface.

Also if you look at that scenario I have some of the medical units for the Germans in it. I noticed though that there is no 2-D icon designation for them when your looking at the 2-D map.

Thanks
Ivan the Big
05-12-2013, 05:16 AM,
Cheers John, I will have a look at this tomorrow. Meanwhile, if you want, you could just copy the two missing US bitmaps from WF directory to EF directory.

I must somehow missed them when packaging the version. I think the 3drunning10 files were missing originally, but I thought I then fixed this issue as well...

I'll have a look at the medics too.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-12-2013, 06:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013, 06:31 AM by Crossroads.)
I had a quick look right away. For some reason it seems the current version does not have the US running files. See if adding the attached two bitmatps to East Front helps?

About the medic 2D icons. They appear OK in my own test scenario... But maybe I've made a glitch of packaging these too...

Which German medics they are, squads or platoons? And are they Allied or Axis Germans?

EDIT: Tomorrow being Mother's Day here in Finland, I thought I'd quickly run through your scenario. Looks good, soon we'll have a new scenario to play, right! Helmet Smile

I hope I fixed the US bitmap problem with the zip file below. Those files were missing from the download. You are turning into an excellent debugger, I need to offer you a drink or three one of these days!

As for the German Medics, I see them in bot 2D views. I see the medics, I see the ambulances. What I don't see is the Field Hospital, because it is stacked under other units.

EDIT2: I think you've set the German medics as a a separate unit in the OOB. I think you need to manually move them to very top of your OOB tree, right there too the same level as top HQ and top cdr. That way they are able to assist all units in the game in their side. I packaged them as sub units to OOB so they would be more easily copied into scenario OOB. There is no way (at least I did not figure out any) that would make them appear in the top as one group.

Was I able to make sense here?

Attached Files
.zip   USrunning3D.zip (Size: 51.33 KB / Downloads: 4)
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-12-2013, 11:18 PM,
Hey Battle Kat,

That did the trick, the US Infantry is running around and having a good time.

If you look at that org file, I think its platoons and they are German Axis. There is a couple of ambulances and C.M (Combat Medics) and field hospital Oven I think. They are in the corps organization bottom I thought but in a company/battalion slot. Hmmm! I'll try and pull them out of there and see if that changes anything.

A new scenario to play, maybe if I can get the bugs worked out. As for the mod itself its really cool! We now have the option of matching US Infantry types (Green, Regular and Veteran) with the same German counterparts. West Front doesn't have different German infantry types.

As for the beer thing, I like Budweiser very cold and occasionally with a shot of Jim Beam bourbon! Sorry its an American thing!!cheers

Ivan the BigCigar5
05-12-2013, 11:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2013, 01:36 AM by Crossroads.)
Yes, medical units need to be at the top level of OOB, each and everyone of them, if you want them to be generally available to all friendlies out there. I think there's a version of my Crusaders at Hango scenario in the medics thread of this forum, have a look how it is set up.

=> Edit: Nope, it is attached to my second last post of the main EFFB download thread: https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...#pid375573

I lived a year in Colo.Spgs CO during the eighties, so I hear you! Ice cold MGD for me though, and JD instead of JB! But I think we will get along still Helmet Wink
Visit us at CSLegion.com