• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

H2H dead?
05-03-2013, 07:00 AM,
Help  H2H dead?
Maybe because they are for two mods, but really not impressed with the H2H situation lately, think I'm going to start just posting the darn things and the heck with it?! Thought folks wanted new material, but seems very few ever step up to the plate to test anything out. We can't get these through the process sitting there dormant folks!! Got two of them up there, one for EF-Forgotten Battles, and the other for Cold War, neither of them large. I can't test every one of them with another poster, since I have inside knowledge of the scenario, which is what ends up happening every time, if this is how it's going to be, we may as well scrap the H2H process.

I have Ivan the Big willing to play the EF one, thought someone else was going to try out the new version of the Cold war one too, but haven't heard...
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 07:19 AM,
RE: H2H dead?
Hey Mike: Smoke7

IMO, player interest in helping with H2H scenario creations ebbs and flows... based on the scenario subject matter, players' gaming time, and a myriad of other individuals' real life stuff. Smile

It's not a good or bad issue... it just is! Wink

Currently, we have 7 scenarios in the H2H testing area... with a handful of test games underway. I think that's about "normal" for the CS H2H section since I became the H2H Commander.

Keep checking with your regular PBeM opponents to see if they have open slots for play testing. Maybe some folks will step forward in response to your post?

Than, after a reasonable time goes by, and you don't have any takers, you can move forward with posting them in the dBASE as you stated earlier.

No, the H2H Section is not dead... just a little quiet. Hello?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
05-03-2013, 06:00 PM,
Hi Mike,

Don't worry, they will all be tested in time - I have 3 test games running at the moment and my roster is pretty full but as soon as I free up some extra space I will test some CW scenarios with pleasure.

Regards,
Ashley
Send this user an email
05-03-2013, 07:39 PM,
Okay, cool, just seemed like no-one around...
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-03-2013, 11:14 PM,
Mike how can it be dead? Confused

West Front:

Hell Hath No Fury, would be approved if it did not have a test in progress. (I tested this one and found it relatively balanced.)
Mona Casale, is stopped (?), I guess needed major revision. (I tested and it needed work.)
Counterstrike in the Cobra Breakout, two tests in progress. (I did not sign up to do this because it was similar to another that I tested and my time is limited.)

East Front:

Blitzkrieg of the 29th Motor Div, two tests in progress. (I've tested this one outside and inside the H2H system.)
Repel of the Bolsheviks, requires mod. Recently uploaded. Limited audience? (I am not adding the mod and cannot help.)
Showdown at Sujewo, two test in progress. Looks like it will be approved. (My experience is not what the current testers have experienced. I thought it totally favored the Russians. So, I do not understand the changes and will not be testing/playing that one.)

Cold War:

Blunting the Bear, I am not downloading the Cold War mod. I do not like some of the units that were added, which I have already expressed on the forums.

Except for the two that require the mods to be downloaded it seems that most are moving along? Farmer

Buds

HSL
05-04-2013, 12:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 08:53 PM by Kool Kat.)
(05-03-2013, 11:14 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: East Front:

Showdown at Sujewo, two test in progress. Looks like it will be approved. (My experience is not what the current testers have experienced. I thought it totally favored the Russians. So, I do not understand the changes and will not be testing/playing that one.)

HSL

Hey Ed: Smoke7

I am sure Ed that your experience in testing my "Showdown at Sujewo" was different than what current test players' have experienced. You tested the initial (version 1.0) game. The scenario has gone through two (2) major revisions (terrain & OOB's) since version 1.0. We are currently play testing version 1.2 which plays much different than version 1.0. Players agree the scenario now plays more "fluid" and we are registering both German and Russian wins.

Current test report registered wins / losses:

German - 4 wins / 2 losses
Russian - 2 wins / 4 losses

I'm sorry you will not be joining us as we put version 1.2 through it's paces! Horse3

IMO, "Showdown at Sujewo" (version 1.2) plays better, is more exciting, and has evolved into a more balanced scenario than its previous down level versions! The H2H Testing Area is operating as intended. Smile

Many thanks to all play testers! Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email