• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent for SPWAW or SPMBT
04-27-2013, 03:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2013, 10:55 AM by chasp.)
a_Arrow  Opponent for SPWAW or SPMBT
All booked up
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2013, 01:49 AM,
RE: Opponent for SPWAW or SPMBT
I might be able to play in a few more days. I'm waiting for the computer I'm getting. My brother shipped it from Mamoth Springs last Monday. He used the Boys in Blue (USPS) and the tracking report said it would be here the 25th. The mailman will be here in a couple of more hours and my fingers are crossed. Mamoth Springs is about 180 miles( 250 Km's give or take. My bike won't quiet go that fast, so I don't really know) from here. Pony express would have had it here by now. USPS says I'm not supposed to worry for another 9 days. And they wonder why 'going postal' is part of the American Lexicon.
Everything else is ready and good to go. I might have one issue to resolve. I'm going through all this angst over a stupid computer so I can avoid Vista, Windows 7 & 8, et. al. I rummaged the web for a copy of XP pro and couldn't find anything for under 2001 list price ( 400.00 $US).
I finally found a reconditioned IBM work station with XP Pro installed for 49.99$US. I am NOT planning on hooking it up to the internet at all. I have all the game CD's and plan on using a thumb drive to transfer patches and game files. The potential issue is the patch for WW2. I DL'd all my other patches with my Ubuntu machine. Shrapnel won't load just the patch, it keeps trying to transfer the free game. That won't work, I don't think. Since I bought the CD last week, I might not need a patch. We will see.

“Intellectual activity is a danger to the building of character”

Joseph Goebbels
04-28-2013, 03:54 AM,
I hope your computer comes together soon!
Keep me posted.
Chas
04-28-2013, 10:28 AM,
Im looking for a game SPWAW version 6
04-29-2013, 04:01 AM,
I can play a small battle spmbt.
Regards
04-30-2013, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-30-2013, 12:54 AM by chasp.)
(04-28-2013, 10:28 AM)july Wrote: Im looking for a game SPWAW version 6
I have a stock version 6 SPWAW install and would love to get a game going.
First one to make a deal can try their hand against a recruit!

(04-29-2013, 04:01 AM)roman Wrote: I can play a small battle spmbt.
Regards
I patched up my SPMBT yesterday - ready to give it a go.
First one to make a deal can try their hand against a recruit!
04-30-2013, 02:23 AM,
A year ago I do not play so I'm out of practice. But I can give you a hand. If you want to play send an email or private message.
Regards
05-01-2013, 01:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013, 01:43 PM by low_bidder.)
New Game  RE: Opponent for SPWAW or SPMBT
OK, I think I'm good to go. I got the last of the parts I needed today and was able to load both WW2 and MBT. The patch was smooth on the WW2 but the MBT gave me fits. I think I got the drill for moving files by a thumb drive. Or at least I got both atches installed. I won't know about game files until we try. That said, I'm gonna try to E-mail you at your public blitz address.Jester

I didn't find any chas on the ladder. No low_bidder either. Maybe we don't exist? I can be contacted at "[email protected]". Not sure if it will go right through or if I have to rescue an email from the spam bucket. I'm good with just about anything in WW2. I'll even do all infantry. That works out better most of the time with the eye-talians.
06-22-2013, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013, 09:45 AM by chasp.)
--I am looking for another game.
Smallish SPMBT in the 5000 point range.
I can guarantee 1 turn a week, but often manage more.
06-25-2013, 07:57 AM,
Im up for a new battle so if youre still looking for one il play.
No retreat no surrender