• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for an opponent or two...
05-06-2013, 01:19 AM,
RE: Looking for an opponent or two...
(04-25-2013, 08:32 AM)Nort Wrote: Whatever you want. I will adapt.

Hey Jim - welcome back. I just returned to playing after a hiatus of several years and would be up for a game. I believe I've played First Clash before but have absolutely no recollection of the scenario. Plus, I remember Strike of the Lehr being a fun game too. I'd be up for any if you're still looking for an opponent.

I'm okay with all rules except extreme assault - but I'm indifferent and don't mind if you want to play with it on. Plus, I have a pretty free Sunday, but otherwise will probably be a turn every other day. If that's too slow of a turnaround no worries - just want to let you know.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 01:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013, 01:26 AM by Jim von Krieg.)
Mike,

Result is not important to me... I'm playing an unfamiliar battle and fell for Nort's fishing expedition with his Mk-IVs on the first turn which means I'm already in trouble.

My goal is to expand my scenario experience... and officially reach the 100 games benchmark to get me a nifty new badge at the club... LOL...

Let's play... I recommend All options except VV, but I'll go without Extreme Assault... I picked the scenario... Pick the side...

I'm rusty, but I'm also a very good player. How rusty you ask? Well, I just had to look up how to fire smoke. I'm embarrassed to admit that after I've played so many games over the years, but I was very busy this past year with no time off.

Which means, I'm really starting to get bored relaxing at home as I'm used to constant activity. I need some new battles here...

Let's get it on!

Jim
05-09-2013, 01:30 AM,
<g>

I would love to take credit for the "fishing expedition." Truth is, the game started with JvK's Greyhounds in LOS of my PzIVs at the startup. Somethings are just too hard to resist.
05-09-2013, 01:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2013, 01:34 AM by Jim von Krieg.)
(05-05-2013, 01:14 AM)Wolfman Wrote: First Clash is possibly my all time favourite scenario, I'd love to take you on, but if you have never played it that may not be fair as I have played it H2H a number of times. If you don't get any other takers though I'll give it another whirl.

Wolfman,

Are you game for another scenario you want to play? I'll play von Dondo for First Clash, but I'm open to anything else you'd like to try out... Well, nothing too large... but anything less than a 9/10 is good with me...

I can make some recommendations if you'd like...

Jim

Nort,

Tell me about it... I knew, absolutely KNEW, I should have passed on all the shots on the Mk-IVs I took that left me exposed, but I couldn't resist payback for the scouts... and paid for it with blazing Shermans all around...

the best lessons are those learned the hard way through experience...

Jim
05-09-2013, 02:09 AM,
(05-09-2013, 01:30 AM)Jim von Krieg Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 01:14 AM)Wolfman Wrote: First Clash is possibly my all time favourite scenario, I'd love to take you on, but if you have never played it that may not be fair as I have played it H2H a number of times. If you don't get any other takers though I'll give it another whirl.

Wolfman,

Are you game for another scenario you want to play? I'll play von Dondo for First Clash, but I'm open to anything else you'd like to try out... Well, nothing too large... but anything less than a 9/10 is good with me...

I can make some recommendations if you'd like...

Jim

Nort,

Tell me about it... I knew, absolutely KNEW, I should have passed on all the shots on the Mk-IVs I took that left me exposed, but I couldn't resist payback for the scouts... and paid for it with blazing Shermans all around...

the best lessons are those learned the hard way through experience...

Jim

Jim, just pick anything you like the look of and fire away - I only mentioned First Clash as I have played it so many times. For the record I prefer late war scenarios.
Rick
05-09-2013, 02:37 AM,
First Clash is a fun scenario, I've played it once for both sides. I am sure you will enjoy it Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-09-2013, 08:01 AM,
Jim,

If you are still looking for opponents I am game.. Any optional rules will do for me, take your pick...
Scenario preference would be size 5-6 or above and eastern front is my favourite theatre if possible....

Pawel
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM,
Pawel,

I'll work it and have it to you shortly...

Jim
05-09-2013, 10:36 AM,
Pawel,

I need an e-mail address... I don't see one on file... Playing with the Death's Head... EF... All Optional Rules except VV and EA... I have a file to send you.

Contact me at: vonkrieg1 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks,

Jim
05-09-2013, 11:31 PM,
Wolfman,

I sent a file your way on the account you have registered with the club. If that is inaccurate, please send a current address to vonkrieg1 (at) yahoo (dot) com and I'll resend.

Take care,

Jim