• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

LCG doesn't advance!?
04-18-2013, 07:43 AM,
RE: LCG doesn't advance!?
Alright, I found a work-around, I hate those, but it's the price I gotta pay to read it all in English!!

For the following, I use JSGME, which makes it very easy, otherwise, you will need to have seperate folders in which to switch out files.

I recommend now, saving the scenario, just before you end the turn the last time. Switch back the German exe's, and resume, playing until the scenario is over, now the next scenario will be made. Then you exit, reload the English and you can keep playing. Evidently the English exe's are the culprit, I'm sorry I have no clue why, I'm not a programmer, and I only modded the DGVN exe's to work in this, something that Stefans partner Geraldino did is what governs this. Maybe some smart soul who knows more than I about these things can find out what is missing in the English ones?! Anyway, this workaround works, I'm now playing the next scenario in the Luftregiment LCG, yay!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2013, 05:58 AM,
Hey Mike,

i read it with mixed feelings. Not the best way but if anyone want to play this good made LCG´s it´s better than nothing!

Thanks for your hard work.

R
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
04-20-2013, 06:14 AM,
Just for the English version, Stefan, I can't play the German version, I don't understand it enough!!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-20-2013, 07:54 PM,
Ok Mike, seems that the language is a larger problem than i thought! I hoped the "veterans" of the CS series have no problems to handle the different units.

Gents, seems i have a lot to do. Please let me know what are the greatest problems for you with the missunderstanding! To use the units? The descriptions? The F2 unit text? ...

I would translate the important Info´s for you, but this will need time.

Again, please let me know and thanks in advance for your help,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
04-20-2013, 09:43 PM,
Hi Stefan,

Man, I hate for you to do so much work! I'm working on the oob's, translating the weapons and formations, so if you want to just maybe do the Unittxt? Take your time, I think the biggest problem was the exe's, was so hard to figure anything out, even after playing so many years!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-20-2013, 10:00 PM,
Hi Stefan,

For me, I could get by with the unit texts in German as long as the alpha numeric designation remains. Example Panzerkampfwagen T-72. If the T-72 remains in the unit box I know it is a T-72 MBT. Some of the other ones are a bit harder to realize what the vehicle or unit is but if I look at the graphic (3D picture) I can in most cases tell what it is and guess most of the time correctly how to use it or keep it out of harms way.

The biggest thing missing for me is the description under the F2 toggle. If these were included and in English it would be much easier to understand the capability of the unit in terms of the game engine. There are some cool units out there that carry some impressive Hard or Soft target attack capability that don't look like tanks or infantry and in the heat of battle it is critical that the F2 toggle gives data as to what these units do. I like using the F2 key a lot in order to understand what I am using and fighting with.

Hope this helps!

cheers

Ivan the BigCigar5
04-20-2013, 11:08 PM,
As for formations, I think it is kinda cool having them country-specific, if possible, what do you guys think? Aside from it being easier to not have to make them English as well, as in the two German countrys! I was just leaving them German, then putting a brief English of the formation, ie Aufklarungs (Recon), so folks will know what formation they are selecting.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-21-2013, 05:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 05:17 AM by Panther.)
(04-20-2013, 09:43 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Hi Stefan,

Man, I hate for you to do so much work!

Hey Mike,

no worry, you should not think so.

(04-20-2013, 10:00 PM)Ivan The Big Wrote: Hi Stefan,

For me, I could get by with the unit texts in German as long as the alpha numeric designation remains. Example Panzerkampfwagen T-72. If the T-72 remains in the unit box I know it is a T-72 MBT. Some of the other ones are a bit harder to realize what the vehicle or unit is but if I look at the graphic (3D picture) I can in most cases tell what it is and guess most of the time correctly how to use it or keep it out of harms way.

The biggest thing missing for me is the description under the F2 toggle. If these were included and in English it would be much easier to understand the capability of the unit in terms of the game engine. There are some cool units out there that carry some impressive Hard or Soft target attack capability that don't look like tanks or infantry and in the heat of battle it is critical that the F2 toggle gives data as to what these units do. I like using the F2 key a lot in order to understand what I am using and fighting with.

Hope this helps!

cheers

Ivan the BigCigar5

Thank you John,

a few good info´s for me. After your and Mike´s post i think i know what i have to do as next. I will translate the unit file so that you can read the unit descriptions in English with the F2 button.

Thanks for your help!

(04-20-2013, 11:08 PM)Warhorse Wrote: As for formations, I think it is kinda cool having them country-specific, if possible, what do you guys think? Aside from it being easier to not have to make them English as well, as in the two German countrys! I was just leaving them German, then putting a brief English of the formation, ie Aufklarungs (Recon), so folks will know what formation they are selecting.

Good points again!

Thanks you Gents,

R
Stefan