• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Observations froma CW-Europe Tester
05-07-2013, 06:31 AM,
RE: Observations froma CW-Europe Tester
Hi John,

i´m sorry about the delay. Actual i´m working with high pressure on the unit-text file.

Considering your report the negative values maybe not the ideal deal, i don´t know.

Working on it as next, it´s not forgotten!

R
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 10:41 AM,
Stephan & Mike,

I know you are both busy but I'm persistent because I don't want to get this one lost.

I pray there is a fix for it, for the CW-Europe universe and I believe you gents are the best medics for it.
Cheers!!

John
05-07-2013, 09:08 PM,
John,

you can be sure that we work on it.

Thanks for your patience!!!

R
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
05-17-2013, 07:08 AM,
Just saw this... When testing a leader that has direct fire capabilitis, I did a quite thorough testing on direct fire resuls vs leaders (medics are leaders right), and I did not see this.

EF:FB of course has EF exe as the engine. Cold War is WF based right? Could there be a difference between the two?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-17-2013, 10:11 AM,
Cold War is based on the out-dated DG engine, which is why I am hoping to maybe rectify this soon, if Stefan is okay with that?!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
05-18-2013, 07:13 PM,
Yes Mike,

so long the game doesn´t loss his flair ... i agree with it.

Well, the engine based on an older engine and it´s not directly comparable with the possibilities of JTCS 1.04! But all in one it works fine ... without a few highlights ... :^(( ... hope they will find their way into the game soon!

R
Stefan
05-23-2013, 02:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2013, 02:18 PM by John Given.)
Quote:Next and this outcome is kind of weird, When you direct fire at a medical unit with a combat unit like a tank platoon your fire cost in action points is at least doubled and in some cases the whole action point allotment is lost!!
Hmmm, not sure if that is a design intention but its somewhat annoying and unrealistic IMO.

Hi John, I notice that in the campaign series when you shoot at a hex containing two officers ONLY, the same thing happens. apparently, the game thinks that the medics are regular officers, and when you shoot, the action points are deducted. You could sort of 'role play' this by saying that the shooter is having to take extra time to kill units that are not presenting themselves up as targets? But I agree - it is a glitch.

Quote:It kind of forces you not to shoot at them for fear of loosing OP fire action points in your defensive phase of the turn and being spotted.

John, medics were not really meant to be shot at - they are non-combatants. Besides, they are totally vulnerable to artillery and close assault. On the other hand, you do have a point about losing the op-fire / action points. The best workaround I can come up with is to make sure the medic is stacked with another unit if on the front lines (and of course, using medics to draw fire is like using trucks to draw fire - a no-no).

Quote:It changes the complexion of the game beyond the negative point value for the kill.

I'm sorry john but i have to disagree with you here. Medics are so rare that only a handful of victory points can ever be 'lost' by shooting them, and remember, they are non-combatants who are not meant to be targeted.

As far as 'changing the complexion of the game' - not sure what you mean by that - the 'lose your action points when shooting at two officers alone in a hex glitch' never hurt the campaign series, as I'm sure you'll agree. But I feel bad that you got a nasty surprise from the 'two officers alone in a hex' glitch.

And thanks for your opinions and playtesting - we put a lot of thought into the medic idea, and the modders brought it to reality, so we all appreciate the input! Big Grin
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
05-23-2013, 04:24 PM,
(05-23-2013, 02:15 PM)John Given Wrote: apparently, the game thinks that the medics are regular officers, and when you shoot, the action points are deducted. You could sort of 'role play' this by saying that the shooter is having to take extra time to kill units that are not presenting themselves up as targets? But I agree - it is a glitch.

Just popped in to say John, medics are regular officers per their unit type. Hence the behaviour.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-24-2013, 05:23 PM,
John,

I've been playing CS since 1998 and this is the first time that I have seen what you are describing in 15 years.

Wow, talk about statistical averaging!Write
(I see this once in 15 years but not hit the Powerball, what's up with that!!)

For me it does change the complexion of the mod(game) because I didn't move the medics(leaders) into the hex, the A/I did. If it did it once it will do it again is my take.

My only option now is to redesign that scenario and pull the medics completely. Reason being I want to see how the A/I behaves with this design without the added surprise.

cheers
Ivan the BigCigar5
05-24-2013, 05:34 PM,
Yes, I believe we can safely assume AI has no idea what to do with medics as they are implemented (and there is no other way to implement them afaik).

So maybe they should not be used on a scenario targeted for vs-AI play. AI will use them as Leaders I am sure. For that is what they are per game code.
Visit us at CSLegion.com