• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS EF WF RS 1.1 - Talonsoft EF 1.3 / WF 1.3 more Details
06-09-2013, 05:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 12:41 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: JTCS EF WF RS 1.1 - Talonsoft EF 1.3 / WF 1.3 more Details
(06-07-2013, 10:02 AM)XLVIII Pz. Korp Wrote: Already did it that way myself. Big Grin

Great stuff here, really liking it. Thanks to XMGO Thank You Sign

Did you put the whole thing undre JSGME? Did you divide it into components, or the whole thing together?

I think the way to package this is to indeed have the whole thing as one download, then divide it into the three games, and possibly into various smaller mods per each three games.

If XMGO or you or anyone could recommend how to package this mod into sub mods that would be great. Helmet Smile

---

EDIT: I had to re-install JTCS again so had plenty of time on my hands... I re-packaged the whole work XMGO did into one install.

It is not 100% complete for JSGME as the WF variants are really available in numbers Helmet Smile

Everything else should be packaged as XMGO had them packaged in his download though.

Again, just an example how to package everything. Have a look: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8276...on-1.1.zip
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 03:03 AM,
(06-09-2013, 05:42 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Did you put the whole thing undre JSGME? Did you divide it into components, or the whole thing together?

I unzipped everything into a temp directory then divided into an EF, WF, and RS Mod which I put into JSGME. I used everything except the bases as I already use a mod for my bases and VP hexes.

I also have a mod I created for SS bases. I use it through JSGME for mainly SS scenarios. Unfortunately since the SS are not set up as a "country" all Axis bases in a scenario are changed but it does give a nice feel to mainly SS operations.

Be happy to upload this to share except... don't know how to, Confused so if anyone want's the files just email me.

[Image: SSBases.jpg]
06-10-2013, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013, 06:07 PM by XMGO.)
RE: JTCS EF 1.0 - Talonsoft EF 1.3 / WF 1.3 more Details
On Wednesday have my new DSL connection. I look at the zip file of Battle Cat :-)
06-11-2013, 02:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013, 06:39 PM by Crossroads.)
This is how it looks like at the moment:

[Image: e7bfc4c7-185d-4e30-8b1b-9c97f9c5ebb9_zps...1371976638]

There were so many WF variants I did not separate them into individual sub folders... As you know your own work better, maybe you can do that instead. Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-26-2013, 05:02 AM,
Just registered here in the forum to thank XMGO for this great series of mods! Thumbs Up

Played Panzer General 2 and Open General for many, many years and happen to do some modding myself, new unit icons for OG: http://www.panzercentral.com/forum/viewt...21&t=41451

Seriously, I'm a bit ashamed that I haven't heard much about JTCS before (living in some central European dullsville Big Grin2) but got really interested in Tiller's games when I first discovered his Napoleonic campaigns series. Those games have an amount of detail and depth that I've missed elsewere. And when I saw screens of JTCS I immediately fell in love with those fantastic old school graphics. (The old hex games are still the best!)

After playing some scenarios I wondered if I should mod some of the cruder looking icons, but here I saw that XMGO has already done that - and much more! Being an icon maker myself I know how much work that is. Thanks again for this real improvement of the game! Respect3
06-26-2013, 08:44 AM,
I love making icons, did some for PG2, but mostly for Campaign Series. Tons of work, but very rewarding. I made the Korean War Mod for this game, as well as the K'talan Mod, and did the graphics for those, as well as a ton of the ones in the Cold War Mod from Stefan!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
06-26-2013, 09:01 AM,
Yes, so much good things to discover! I feel like some kid in a candy store. Confetti

Will have a look at those mods soon.
07-25-2013, 04:29 AM,
I've been playing EF with the new unit bitmaps, and I have to say they look really really nice. No going back anymore for me! Helmet Smile

I wish I will have more time at some point of time to separate the packaging so that the unit bitmaps are one mod and the terrain mods the other.

XMGO, have you had a chance to think how you would like to see these distributed using JSGME?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
09-07-2013, 12:22 AM,
Fantastic work.
Send this user an email
02-24-2014, 02:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014, 02:07 AM by junk2drive.)
OK 2.0 is here and I'm ready for more RS Details!

please...

I had to refolder my mods for the new folder format. Works good though.
Just remember to name them with EF WF and RS so that you know what game they go to.