• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WW1 game? Not much traffic?
04-02-2013, 01:10 PM,
WW1 game? Not much traffic?
List,

Back to games after a year hiatus. I notice that after much fanfare the WW1 SQB game isn't getting much action on this board.

What is the consensus on this game after a few months?

Take care,

Hiroo
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 11:43 PM,
RE: WW1 game? Not much traffic?
I would most definitely recommend FWW. Thumbs Up

Of the handful of scenarios I have already played, it is safe to say that the game covers the war very well....Nothing like getting gassed so early in the morning!! [Image: a6a68d42f6gas.gif]

As to things being on the quiet side, I would guess that is due to the two SB tournaments (Africa and Korean War) going on at the same time, which involves many of the active SB guys.

If you enjoy playing the SB series, you should also find First World War alot of fun.
04-03-2013, 12:00 AM,
(04-02-2013, 11:43 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: ....Nothing like getting gassed so early in the morning!! [Image: a6a68d42f6gas.gif]

I still can't believe that SOB gassed you! Jester It's even tougher getting up every morning is see that SOB in the mirror LMAO
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
04-03-2013, 01:01 AM,
(04-03-2013, 12:00 AM)Richie61 Wrote: I still can't believe that SOB gassed you! Jester It's even tougher getting up every morning is see that SOB in the mirror LMAO

I'm still having nightmares about it! Closet Hide
04-03-2013, 01:26 AM,
(04-03-2013, 01:01 AM)Compass Rose Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 12:00 AM)Richie61 Wrote: I still can't believe that SOB gassed you! Jester It's even tougher getting up every morning is see that SOB in the mirror LMAO

I'm still having nightmares about it! Closet Hide

Well at least I felt bad for your men and sent the tanks in to ease their suffering by giving them the "tracks" Bag Hide
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
04-12-2013, 12:14 AM,
I've always wanted a squad level WWI game and so far I've been very pleased with FWW. I've played several of the Ypres 1914 scenarios and they seem to do a great job of capturing the feel of WWI. My only complaint is that there are not many Eastern Front scenarios. I would love to see another title focusing on the Eastern Front.
04-13-2013, 11:17 PM,
FWW is one of my favorites...good variety in troops and scenarios...imho some of the scenarios rank as some of the best in the whole series...to me the SB games are not games of manuever but rather FOF and fire effectiveness...both are modeled very well in FWW