• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Need Help with Graphix Mod
03-30-2013, 08:28 PM,
Need Help with Graphix Mod
Hi, I've really enjoyed all of the great map and unit graphics mods for PzC and have to say that they really improve the game experience. In general, I've mixed and matched the various mods to find something that I like best.

But I seem to have a problem with some zoomed-out unit graphics; at the zoom-in and normal level, they are fine, but in the zoom-out level some of them are replaced by beige blotches--see below:

[Image: Problem.bmp]

The strange thing is that there only seems to be a problem with some units--can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 10:23 PM,
RE: Need Help with Graphix Mod
2DSymbolsLg

As a modder I'd say the originator of that particular mod goofed a bit on some of the nationalites.

2DSymbolsLg is the file that contains that counter graphic.

There is one for each nationality represented in the game.

(03-30-2013, 08:28 PM)76mm Wrote: Hi, I've really enjoyed all of the great map and unit graphics mods for PzC and have to say that they really improve the game experience. In general, I've mixed and matched the various mods to find something that I like best.

But I seem to have a problem with some zoomed-out unit graphics; at the zoom-in and normal level, they are fine, but in the zoom-out level some of them are replaced by beige blotches--see below:

[Image: Problem.bmp]

The strange thing is that there only seems to be a problem with some units--can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
Send this user an email
03-30-2013, 10:29 PM,
From my limited experience I think you should check the file background colour.
It may look the same with the naked eye, however it may be a slightly different shade.

As a test select a completely different colour for the background.

Could also be caused by 256color file with a 24bit color file on top or vice-versa.
03-31-2013, 12:55 AM,
I agree with Lowlander, the problem is most likely the background color on your 2DSymbolsSm.bmp (not 2DSymbolsLg.bmp). You need to be sure the background color is one and the same all over the image.

Jison
Send this user an email
03-31-2013, 01:16 AM,
Thanks guys, I will check, but do you know why only some units would be affected? If you look at the screenshot, you see that some Russian and some German units were affected, but not other Russian or German units...
03-31-2013, 02:23 AM,
After having a second look with my old eyeballs, could it be you have overlaid Large 2DSymbols onto the Small 2DSymbols file.
Therefore only a part of the large nato symbols is visible on the smaller counter.
03-31-2013, 03:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2013, 03:58 PM by 76mm.)
OK, I think i fixed it, there was a problem with the 2DSymbolsSm.bmp file in the map folder (not the nationalities folder), for some reason the symbol for "travel mode" had a different background color.