• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for Vassal Ancient War opponents
03-30-2013, 02:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-30-2013, 02:04 AM by Wolfgang.)
Opponent Wanted  Looking for Vassal Ancient War opponents
I've been trying Vassal lately and really like what I see.

Back in '91 I bought The Siege of Jerusalem by Avalon Hill and have been dying to play it ever since.

Vassal may allow me to do that - if you've ever wanted to try this unique kind of gaming let me know. I will help you set it up (it's free and pretty pain free).
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2013, 02:43 AM,
RE: Looking for Vassal Ancient War opponents
(03-30-2013, 02:01 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: I've been trying Vassal lately and really like what I see.

Back in '91 I bought The Siege of Jerusalem by Avalon Hill and have been dying to play it ever since.

Vassal may allow me to do that - if you've ever wanted to try this unique kind of gaming let me know. I will help you set it up (it's free and pretty pain free).

Yes, there are number of old Avalon Hill ancients modules available for Vassal, including Caesar at Alesia and the campaign in Gaul I believe. The most action though is with the Commands and Colors: Ancients games by GMT. They are just beautiful. Great system and you can always get a game instantly through Vassal.

There is a guy I know who is currently working on completing a new ruleset for the old Trireme module too....

Best,

Tim
03-31-2013, 05:33 AM,
(03-30-2013, 02:43 AM)TJD Wrote:
(03-30-2013, 02:01 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: I've been trying Vassal lately and really like what I see.

Yes, there are number of old Avalon Hill ancients modules available for Vassal, including Caesar at Alesia and the campaign in Gaul I believe. The most action though is with the Commands and Colors: Ancients games by GMT. They are just beautiful. Great system and you can always get a game instantly through Vassal.

There is a guy I know who is currently working on completing a new ruleset for the old Trireme module too....

Best,

Tim

Interesting. I've always been a big fan of the GBoH series - is the Command and Colors series related to that?
Send this user an email
03-31-2013, 05:45 AM,
@Ironwulf

You may want to post a thread over in Vassal Section over in the Board Game forum. There may be members who have subscribed to that forum who do not subscribe to the Black Powder or General forums and may have not seen your advertisements.

You can find it here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...hp?fid=251