• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Greek Wars
03-26-2013, 06:40 AM,
Greek Wars
Does anyone have trouble with this game. It seems I was playing a scenario against the AI. It was Platae(I think that is the correct spelling), anyway, some of the other Greeks started to attack my Greeks, I could only get a certain amount of Greeks to move, the Spartans on the right flank I could not move at all and the AI sent cavalry against them. I could not even repsond. I like the game series, but this has been very frustrating.

Ron
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2013, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-26-2013, 07:02 AM by Wolfgang.)
RE: Greek Wars
I'd check for Command and Control - if out of range, they will show up as "Fixed".

Sometimes when clicking about in the game checking ranges and fields of fire, I forget that I've dropped out of Command Mode.

When units are stacked sometimes it's tricky with the UI and selecting specific units.

Could they be low on Action points for some reason?

In pbm games - I'm in an events phase, not a command phase, and can't issue orders but don't realize it until many frustrated clicks later lol.

And finally: if your game directory is stuffed with extra files for whatever reason, this will bog the game down and make it erratic.

If you want - and I'm still new to AW myself - I'll play a pbm match with you for fun or the ladder and perhaps I can get a better understanding of what's going on^^.
Send this user an email
03-26-2013, 12:43 PM,
(03-26-2013, 07:01 AM)Ironwulf Wrote: I'd check for Command and Control - if out of range, they will show up as "Fixed".

Sometimes when clicking about in the game checking ranges and fields of fire, I forget that I've dropped out of Command Mode.

When units are stacked sometimes it's tricky with the UI and selecting specific units.

Could they be low on Action points for some reason?

In pbm games - I'm in an events phase, not a command phase, and can't issue orders but don't realize it until many frustrated clicks later lol.

And finally: if your game directory is stuffed with extra files for whatever reason, this will bog the game down and make it erratic.

If you want - and I'm still new to AW myself - I'll play a pbm match with you for fun or the ladder and perhaps I can get a better understanding of what's going on^^.

I would be up for playing a Pbem game, I do not mind a ladder game. What scenario would you be looking at?

Ron
03-26-2013, 08:47 PM,
I'm up for any scenario.
I usually go with Fog of War and Command and Control for optional rules.
Send this user an email
03-27-2013, 08:03 AM,
How about Mycale_a scn? I will try the Persians.

Ron
03-27-2013, 05:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM by Wolfgang.)
(03-27-2013, 08:03 AM)AstroBlues Wrote: How about Mycale_a scn? I will try the Persians.

Ron

Very well then... I look forward to our battle. Roman
Send this user an email
03-28-2013, 10:04 AM,
I sent you a PM.

Ron
03-28-2013, 10:55 AM,
I think it would have been better if it was more like ACW instead of having the orders phase in the middle. If not for that, I would still be trying to play this series.
03-30-2013, 02:03 AM,
(03-28-2013, 10:55 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: I think it would have been better if it was more like ACW instead of having the orders phase in the middle. If not for that, I would still be trying to play this series.

I think you mean where both players have to view the events phase, then pass the file back to the other to finally input orders?

I think they do offer an alternative now for that if I'm not mistaken.
Send this user an email