• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

East Front: Forgotten Battles - Now with Medical units
03-19-2013, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 09:02 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: East Front: Forgotten Battles - Now with Medical units
Gents: Smoke7

I really don't want to see this "medic units" thread go the same route of the previously closed one...

so here is my suggestion...

...since medic units are now available in two mods (per Petri's comments), players who want to play the mods and are willing to use medic units, can discuss their findings, make comments, and detail their observations in the CS Hosted Modifications forums.

We setup these CS Hosted Modifications forums to support the modding works of a small, but dedicated and enthusiastic group of CS players! Smile

Thanks!

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-19-2013, 07:14 AM,
I disagree. They are not in the scale of the game. Medics are not "leaders". You are simply using them from leader parameters like the helicopters in DG/VN does, by using units profiles that keep a helicopter on the ground and not in the air.
All with so many "special" rules on their use. Chop Wood

I did not comment in your mod area because that is your mod area. When you bring it to open forum I will disagree. On many grounds and in many ways.

And, I really hope they do not get thrown into the version 1.05 upgrade. But, that is months to years away and maybe someone will be able to convince the team that they are not within the scope and scale of the game because of their effect on morale. Cooked

You made up a reason for the medic to act like a leader. That is simply wrong. Maybe in your mind it is right. But, it is not. Medics should not effect the game like leaders do.
Make up any reasons you wish that they should be in the game. I do not agree with them.

Keep them in your mods if you like. I have a choice not to download your mods?

Or, will they be forced into CS in the future? God forbid.

I will always be there to offer my opinion. You do not have to agree or like it. I did not smack your puppy or drown your baby. I simply do not like your "addition" to the game and expressed my view upon it. Farmer

cheers

HSL
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 05:58 PM by Crossroads.)
(03-19-2013, 07:07 AM)Kool Kat Wrote: ...since medic units are now available in two mods (per Petri's comments), players who want to play the mods and are willing to use medic units, can discuss their findings, make comments, and detail their observations in the CS Hosted Modifications forums.

Absolutely. There is a thread available to discuss medics in both CWE and EFFB forums. I merely used the main forum to announce their availability within EF:FB to everyone, with a little PR to encourage people to try them out. With CWE, they seem to have been there all along. But let us continue the discussion on these forums on how everyone found the units to perform, what else they'd like to see or changed, etc.

There were a lot of folks who took the poll who did not like the idea, and as I said in the OP, this is a heads-up for the rest of us to know they can test them out.

To summarise: I was positively surprised how they add a new dimension to the game, so I continue to recommend those on the fence to try them out. Think of it as already having Cpt Winters to lead and encourage your troops, and now having the chance to add Doc Roe and his evac team to the bunch as well Helmet Smile But let us go off to mod forums for any mod specific feedback.

And Ed, we've both put our points forward, so let us agree to disagree on this one. I am always willing to listen to everyones POV so if you've got new things to say just fire away as far as I am concerned.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-19-2013, 06:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 06:33 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
(03-19-2013, 04:15 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: And Ed, we've both put our points forward, so let us agree to disagree on this one. I am always willing to listen to everyones POV so if you've got new things to say just fire away as far as I am concerned.

I listen to all points of view. And, if you are pushing me off by your "if you've got new things to say" line, you are scrambling up the wrong tree.

You and a small group of modders/players like the medics and hospitals. To me they would be a nice little chrome addition if they did not have an effect on the game.
You can talk them up. I can talk them down. You will never convince me that a unit that effects the morale system in such a way, as you are making them effect the system, is a good thing. Farmer

Cheers6

HSL

03-19-2013, 07:31 PM,
I was hardly pushing anyone off, I was just following Mike's fair warning not to go route the previous threads...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-20-2013, 01:31 AM,
LOL! I think you were. Angel
I read Mike's warning after I posted my message. Read Only because I was writing mine while he was posting his. Write

I see the Medic stuff as something that will, or can, upset the balance of the existing morale system. It is sometimes the little things that have a butterfly effect? What more needs to be said? It is less tedious than taking each part of the system and making comments upon them? Thank you 3

Cheers6

HSL
03-20-2013, 02:19 AM,
Read again, then?

When I said

(03-19-2013, 04:15 PM)Battle Kat Wrote: if you've got new things to say just fire away as far as I am concerned

I simply

(03-19-2013, 02:25 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Not a good idea

(03-19-2013, 07:14 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: I simply do not like your "addition" to the game

(03-19-2013, 06:32 PM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: You will never convince me that a unit that effects the morale system in such a way [...] is a good thing.

meant what I said? Nothing more, nothing less.

But I guess this thread has run its course. I've made my announcement, people've had a chance to say what they want to say.

Everyone please feel free to move on. Nothing new to be seen here?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-20-2013, 02:40 AM,
Gents: Smoke7

Once again... this thread has run its course. It's closed.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email