• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants.
05-22-2013, 01:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2013, 02:35 AM by burroughs.)
RE: P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants.
I am there, dude. The news of my death have been way too premature. I am all for carrying on until the bitter end for either or both sides and I second that completing the scenario is necessary to fully assess the pros and cons of the current design. I read about Tarawa a bit as we were struggling and that battale was stunningly costly for the marines, even now I happen to have another book loaded onto my e-book reader. Anyway, as far as I can remember we have already taken higher losses than it was the case historically and they are only going to get worse should we continue.

What Rabbit wrote above corresponds with a grudge I have always had towards SB with all their positive sides about them being a tactical level combat simulator - the losses taken and made seem very high. I used to think they are therefore perfect for simulating the WWI trench warfare onslaught yet before there was any WWI title we have now and used to write about that to my opponents and moan. Playing the Makin Raid I was pretty pissed off with the numer of my marines incapacitated for furter combat and thought that outrageous regarding the historic values, but then I found out that the lossess there were high. That hardened me a bit and I opened myself for the SB games; still I think certain situations are way too bloody, but that's the case with most of the HPS / TOC games - my MG '44 campaign was astonishingly costly for both sides so ... I magine that I have been "more aggressive" at Tarawa.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants. - by burroughs - 05-22-2013, 01:44 AM