• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants.
05-22-2013, 12:41 AM,
RE: P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants.
Speaking for the Japanese, my apologies about the extended delay, we seemed to have lost Oz somehow. If you are still interested in continuing, I can play his side as well and I will try to get the turns moved back much faster (i.e., within about a week). However this scenario certainly is an arduous meat grinder, so I can understand calling it a day if you'd prefer - especially since we haven't been moving all that fast.

And from the Japanese perspective, I actually was thinking a Minor Loss is the probable outcome, or at least you had a very solid shot at it. A good portion of your ground forces is pinned and you have taken devastating losses, but you are looking to surrender [and evaluate the scenario] just as your tanks are beginning to hit the shoreline, which is probably the lowest point of the battle for the US and just when the tide of the battle should be turning. I fear that without finishing the scenario we won't really have a good sense of how effective the US tanks would be in overrunning the Japanese positions.

I definitely agree with Jeff that the Banzai attacks made a huge impact. More important than the objective points, they allowed the Japanese to retake the heavily fortified positions. This was critical because it helped keep the Japanese defensive spearheads intact. And even more critical, it denied the US from obtaining positions where they could safely recover from the murderous crossfire.

Let me know if you would like to keep playing, in which case I will finish off Oz' portion of the turn and send it back to you.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants. - by Rabbit - 05-22-2013, 12:41 AM