• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants.
05-21-2013, 11:14 PM,
RE: P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants.
We haven't received a turn from the Japanese players in several weeks. Even if this post manages to bring forth another turn or two, I think the game has come to an end.

As for play balancing, the first thing that I would do is remove the Banzai attacks. Not only is it a rule that provides completely ahistorical results, but the Japanese didn't use any on Tarawa so I am not sure why they were included in the first place. The Marines had captured two 1000 point objectives before they were lost to the Banzai counterattacks. It is possible we might have gotten one of them back. It is also possible that we might have gained another in the center with the addition of the fourth Marine battalion and maybe even the 2000 pointer in the center if Marcin got real aggressive. Still, with our losses, there was no way we were going to get a Minor Loss.

The play reminds me a lot of World War I. Many of the hexes were stacked close to the maximum and the effect of firepower was significantly reduced (once you were actually on the island) due the number of bunkers and the terrain.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: P&F Bloody Tarawa team game - calling all participants. - by Jeff Conner - 05-21-2013, 11:14 PM