• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
09-16-2013, 03:00 AM,
RE: Some areas for possible larger, longer SB scenarios
Turn delta is the amount of time for each turn in minutes. This is normally five minutes per turn, but can be changed by the scenario designer. The only place it really has an effect on the game is in the reinforcement/release/removal menus as these are time based rather than turn based.
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2013, 04:01 AM,
(09-16-2013, 03:00 AM)Jeff Conner Wrote: Turn delta is the amount of time for each turn in minutes. This is normally five minutes per turn, but can be changed by the scenario designer. The only place it really has an effect on the game is in the reinforcement/release/removal menus as these are time based rather than turn based.

Thank you.
Send this user an email
09-16-2013, 04:44 PM,
I think those percentage rates need doubling to make it worth while...or be a fixed percentage between ssay 5 and 15% rather than 0 and around 10%. RV is only 5% if your lucky..so to get back from 50% to 100% it would take min of 10 turns..thats to long (50mins for a squad to resupply half it's ammo) and no unit in any scenario is likely able to pull out for that long.
Send this user an email
09-17-2013, 12:05 AM,
(09-16-2013, 04:44 PM)Wodin Wrote: I think those percentage rates need doubling to make it worth while...or be a fixed percentage between ssay 5 and 15% rather than 0 and around 10%. RV is only 5% if your lucky..so to get back from 50% to 100% it would take min of 10 turns..thats to long (50mins for a squad to resupply half it's ammo) and no unit in any scenario is likely able to pull out for that long.

Since most games only average 12-15 turns or so, rest-and-refit isn't that big of a deal, and most units aren't going to get resupplied in that quick of a time-frame anyway.

A unit going from say 60 to 75-80, however, would be a useful upgrade and only take a few turns depending on the game/side. Waiting to get back to 100% probably isn't necessary.
09-17-2013, 01:47 AM,
(09-15-2013, 01:09 PM)TheBigRedOne Wrote: AoTR is 10 and 8.
Eagles Strike hasn't been adjusted, so 0-0
The two Pacific games main.pdts are 10-8
DBP is 10-8
RV's main.pdt is 5-5
SAW is 6-10
SCW is 4-4
TOD and VN are 8-6
WW is 5-5
Falklands is 10-2
FWW is 10-10 for all pdts
Modern War is surprisingly 10-10

IMO, some of these numbers seem out of whack.

Eagles Strike 0-0: Why haven't they updated it? Whip

Winter War 5-5: The Finn's had a better trained & willingness to fight than the Soviets

Falklands 10-2: Seems odd IMO

Modern War 10-10: Way off Helmet Rolleyes

Not too sure of the proper numbers, but I have read that many German accounts where they ran out of ammo during a firefight and I have read lots of the books.

These are some of the numbers I have seen:

Quote:WWII British 10-man rifle section armament and ammunition (official):
-8 Lee-Enfield rifles, 50 rounds each
-1 Sten SMG, 160 rounds
-1 Bren LMG, 1000 rounds (spread through the squad, around 100 for each for six riflemen, the other 400 for the three-man LMG team)
-10 grenades

American WWI Squad:
225 rifle rounds
2 hand grenades
1 rifle grenade

M1 Garand
Ammo: 10 x 8-rd clips
(2) bandolier w/6 x 8-rd clips each
(2) Grenade, MK II, frag.

BAR WWII
Ammo: 12 x 20-rd mags
(2) Grenade, MK II, frag.

Germans
K98: (2) sets of ammo pouches that held 45 rounds each or 90 rounds.
G43: (1) ammo pouch with ammo on stripper clips, plus 3 10-round magazines or 75 rounds.

Now that being said. I can dump (4) 20 round mags in my M1A (M14) at the range in less than a minute and it's only semi-auto Jester
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
09-17-2013, 03:04 AM,
It is not o much of an issue on small o even medium size scenarios but larger ones it would be. Also another pain is the loss of effectiveness from incoming fire..I had an Anti tank gun that was useful for about three shots before it was worthless..shooting at tanks and trucks at 200m or less for no effect for the rest of the scenario..all it managed to do was destroy a truck on it's first shot. Maybe one reason I don't like the power of the gun tied up with wounds and suppression. I'd rather it still have it's power but only say able to fire once or twice in around if been under fire and if not fired on for a turn or two gets it's three shots back a turn. That would help in some way the issue I have with decent weapons being effectively useless not long into a game.

(09-17-2013, 12:05 AM)TheBigRedOne Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 04:44 PM)Wodin Wrote: I think those percentage rates need doubling to make it worth while...or be a fixed percentage between ssay 5 and 15% rather than 0 and around 10%. RV is only 5% if your lucky..so to get back from 50% to 100% it would take min of 10 turns..thats to long (50mins for a squad to resupply half it's ammo) and no unit in any scenario is likely able to pull out for that long.

Since most games only average 12-15 turns or so, rest-and-refit isn't that big of a deal, and most units aren't going to get resupplied in that quick of a time-frame anyway.

A unit going from say 60 to 75-80, however, would be a useful upgrade and only take a few turns depending on the game/side. Waiting to get back to 100% probably isn't necessary.
Send this user an email