• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

EFII-FB New Scenario
03-09-2013, 10:07 PM,
News  EFII-FB New Scenario
Blitz Folks,

I just uploaded a new scenario for EFII-FB to the Matrix Version of EFII data base. Its title is: EFII-FB: Regrets-None! It may take a little while to process to the data base but be patient.

Here is the summary: [Weidermann, Germany] [H2H] [HYPO] [GD] [Special Note: Players will need to have the EF-II Forgotten Battles Mod [Version 1.3 or newer] installed in order to play this scenario.] It didn't take long for the peace after the end of hostilities in Europe to be shattered by yet another war. The Soviets seeing their gains being taken away by the UN were not going to sit back and let it happen. The UN had taken away the Soviet gains in the Balkins and parts of East Germany ordering STAVKA to relinquish territory under the "Free Eastern European Inititive" captured in the advance on the 3rd Reich. Stalin would hear nothing of it instead ordering Zhukov's forces to attack the western Allies in northern Germany. He hoped the western powers were tired of war and would reconsider their position forcing the UN to abandon its Free Eastern European Inititive. His hopes were dashed when combined forces of the USA, Britian and West Germany met the Soviets on the field near the town of Weidermann, Germany...

I played it H2H myself through 18 turns and it seems to play well. By that I mean no unit performance glitches like I discussed in previous posts. Looks like the bugs on a couple of British units were worked out. Make sure you check the posts for EFII-FB and that you have the most current version of forgotten battles installed.

I ask that players step up and try the new scenario and please provide me with feedback on its playability. Out of the gate I think its a pretty solid design but being the Quality Manager I am I always like extra eyes to look at something and offer feedback.

I want to offer a "Special Thanks" to Petri Nieminen and Mike Amos for their work with the new Forgotten Battles Mod. It was an inspiration to me in developing this scenario.

Ivan the BigCigar5
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 11:40 PM,
RE: EFII-FB New Scenario
Hey John,

NICE!! Will try to get some time alloted to check it out for you!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
03-10-2013, 05:55 AM,
Woo-hoo! Wanna try it out with me Mike?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
03-12-2013, 01:54 AM,
(03-10-2013, 05:55 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Woo-hoo! Wanna try it out with me Mike?

Sorry Petri, just now read this! If you don't mind potentially slow turnaround, sounds good to me!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

03-12-2013, 05:01 AM,
Slow turnaround suits me just fine :) Just fire it up, play the first turn, and send to me. I will be traveling midweek, and won't likely have time to return it before weekend...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-19-2013, 04:59 AM,
Having some good time with your scenario, John! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
04-19-2013, 05:53 AM,
Ditto!! Lots of ground to maneuver in, and an assorted unit selection!! Diggin' it!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

04-19-2013, 09:30 AM,
I'm always on pins and needles when others play test my scenarios. I guess I feel or ask myself after I post, did I make a mistake and leave out excitement, balance and enjoyment?

Sometimes that thought tears me up!

In the final analysis I hope, my scenario gives you both all of these at the minimum!Respect4

cheers

Ivan the BigCigar5
04-20-2013, 05:36 PM,
Oh yes, a very tough map with a disorganised motley of Western Allies troops, just woking up with a severe hangover from their VE parties.

...Only to realise there's a huge map to defend with p:ed-off Soviet tankers seemingly everywhere! Helmet Smile
Visit us at CSLegion.com
05-14-2013, 02:01 AM,
Turn 10... I have a terrible turn rate at the moment, but am definitively having good time with this one! Small observation: 1.Bn / 5th Armored Bde: Major Liembke is a Leader (Mot) but HQ is a HQ (Foot).
Visit us at CSLegion.com