• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphics 2D 100 mod WIP
03-19-2013, 08:07 AM,
RE: Graphics 2D 100 mod WIP
Here's looking at you Chad Big Grin
Quote:Updated ES, KW, TOD and Vietnam! American units (and all the others in ES only) had no highlighting (red & yellow) around them.
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2013, 08:13 AM,
Irish Dance
03-19-2013, 08:21 AM,
[Image: 129210361809676646.jpg]
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM,
LOL
03-20-2013, 05:11 AM,
Again nice assembly of stuff.^^ I can appreciate the conversion of mapmod unit boxes. Great idea.

I'd just ask that my original terrain graphics not be used as a source for other squad battle mods as I am actively creating and updating my own set of mods. :) Or at least heavily mod them so I can't recognize them anymore lol.

In general for my own mod work - I use what is commercial/stock combined only with my own original work or in rare instances, with license or permission from the original author as I can never tell if what I do will be free or end up in a game project.^^

[Image: 5c9c4a140fCopiedBuildings.png]

Send this user an email
03-20-2013, 06:07 AM,
Vito said he would remove them, so you might want to reply to him
over there about this.

Quote:My mods are JSGME compatible and contain my files and files of other modder (thank you all!) in original version or modified by me, I'll remove them if someone does not agree.
03-20-2013, 07:30 AM,
Yea he seems like a nice enough bloke and he's gonna remove my original images. :) He seems well intended.

It wasn't that much really: a few rows of original terrain graphics and he also removed my symbol icons from the last mod as well so that's a plus.^^

https://www.theblitz.club/uploads/users/...nItems.png

My own original work will get an update soon and new images will be grafted in - and propogated over to the other games in the series.

It's good to have choices out there :)

I can understand the other side of the modder coin too: When I was first crafting my squad battle modern war mod I wanted to use some of ironx's images because he made some really quality stuff - but I couldn't actually reach him to get permission so I didn't do it.

What I did do though, was let it inspire me to create my own. Thumbs Up
Send this user an email
04-01-2013, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2013, 10:42 AM by Wodin.)
I think people should always ask the modder if they can use their work. I have no issues if someone asks to use mine..but if they don't ask I'd ask them to change it. Though I have let one person off for that as he made some great scenarios.

edit: Just noticed something..Hmm so in that case I've asked for my mods to be taken down. It doesn't take much to be asked.
Send this user an email