• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Troublesome loading of the Blitz site
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM,
Troublesome loading of the Blitz site
Each time I try to load the site here at home , on any of my machines, I am getting the malware alert and the anti-virus software blocks that furtherly. No such thing here at work, but apparently the machine I am using now has no defence on so I am asking - what the hell? ... Anybody has encountered such an issue before?
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM,
RE: Troublesome loading of the Blitz site
(03-07-2013, 05:01 PM)burroughs Wrote: Each time I try to load the site here at home , on any of my machines, I am getting the malware alert and the anti-virus software blocks that furtherly. No such thing here at work, but apparently the machine I am using now has no defence on so I am asking - what the hell? ... Anybody has encountered such an issue before?

Yes, since yesterday anti-virus software in my home computer also blocks of The Blitz website.
03-08-2013, 04:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013, 04:56 AM by raz_atoth.)
Is this anti-virus you're speaking about Avast,by any chance? :)
Send this user an email
03-08-2013, 09:39 AM,
I too, use to get that same message back when I use to use Avast. I have not had that issue occur since I stopped using it. Wink

03-08-2013, 08:29 PM,
Yes, It's Avast, Murphz from Italy also wrote me about the issue, but I am waiting for his confirmation of the antivirus software. I was browsing the net and there is indeed something about Avast overreacting with the malware alert.
03-08-2013, 09:07 PM,

I also have Avast, so maybe indeed this is a problem.
Thanks for the tip Gents.
03-09-2013, 05:28 AM,
Good, we seem to have found the issue. Wink
03-09-2013, 07:50 AM,
Well, I've been seeing a bit of these, lately, on the Blitz and elsewhere:

[Image: 564f025a5dBlitz%20adware.png]

I thought it was malware/adware on my computer, but research on removing it led nowhere.

A computer engineer who was consulting with me recently said that it wasn't a virus on my computer, that it was a website problem. Could this be what the Avast is having issues with?
03-09-2013, 08:37 AM,
(03-09-2013, 07:50 AM)Liebchen Wrote: Well, I've been seeing a bit of these, lately, on the Blitz and elsewhere:

[Image: 564f025a5dBlitz%20adware.png]

I thought it was malware/adware on my computer, but research on removing it led nowhere.

A computer engineer who was consulting with me recently said that it wasn't a virus on my computer, that it was a website problem. Could this be what the Avast is having issues with?

All I can say is that I cannot do the same trick as You with my own post. What did You do with that? Whip Have You ever heard about the intellectual property and where is the proof of my consent to use my posts here for commercial and advertisement purposes? You must live in the land of the devil.Jester Notifying my legal and spiritual advisers, You'd better start putting aside Your pocket money, neither pizza nor beer for the rest of Your life.

03-09-2013, 02:23 PM,
Looks to me like some sort of toolbar or browser add-on thats running. looks like it's modifying the page to generate that click. If you are seeing it on multiple sites I'd say there is a good chance you have something running in your browser than something wrong with the site.
"Damnation seize my soul if I give your quarters, or take any from you." - Edward Teach