• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ladder?
02-27-2013, 08:11 AM,
Feedback Needed  Ladder?
How does ladder work!?

I've played two multiplier games before with success however now I'm struggling to find an opponent, I joined a ladder recently although I'm not sure what it all means and the benefits on joining a ladder.

I assume I have to find my own opponents still, who are also on the ladder as well as record the results myself? How would I go about recording the outcome of a game, and can I only play other players in the boot camp ladder until proven to play with the big dogs?

Cheers in advance for any feedback! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 07:41 PM,
RE: Ladder?
Hi!

First of all welcome! I am not the most well informed in the forum but I will try to answer your question as best I can.

The ladder only means that you can track your results in games that you play against other people on the ladder. You will have to find your opponent yourself but in this forum its very easy, there is a lot of people playing all the time. So the benefit is that there is constant pool of players to have a game with and that there is long term effort to play as best as you can to reach higher ranks on the ladder.

You have to record your result yourself, or the other party will record it first and you just have to accept that record. You can play with the so-called "big dogs" :) as a recruit, although be prepared to get your ass handed to you by them. :) If you like you can have a game going with me.

Sometimes there are special organized tournaments where you sign up and you will get your opponents and battles assigned to you, you don't have to find your oppenents for those.

In this ladder we usually use H2H Helper and dropbox to share game files with each other, if you don't already use it you can find a great post by Raz which helps getting started with those. So if you are interested you can set those up and I will send you the first turn.
03-01-2013, 02:43 AM,
You'll automatically be 'placed' on the ladder when you'll report your first game.Until then you're considered to be a boot-camper. It's just a semantic distinction,there are no special privileges associated with the status change.
The system is quite straightforward. You post a challenge here on the forum,you reply to a challenge or you simply contact the person you wish to play with by email etc.. You can play against any member,you are not restricted as a boot-camper in any way.
There is a 'Report a game' link in the menu,the screens that follow it are pretty much self-explanatory. Usually,it's the winner who reports the game (to avoid double-reporting).
Send this user an email
03-02-2013, 10:01 AM,
Alright cheers, greatly appreciated!
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM,
Are you still looking for an opponent? Me too... Would you like a CMBN 2.01 or CMFI 1.1 ...?