• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Overland game crash w/ AI
02-22-2013, 05:58 AM,
Overland game crash w/ AI
Hi Guys,

Has anyone had problems w/ Campaign Overland not responding when playing against AI.

Am currently 73 turns into Mine Run Campaign and each time I hit next turn button for AI to make its moves my screen turns opaque white and a message flases up saying "cpd.exe not responding."

I have started some other Overland scenerios to see if the problem can be repeated, by so far no such issue has arisen.

Am using Windows 7 and I have plenty of RAM and a huge space on harddrive memory. My computer is also virus free.

Any ideas?

Here's a zip of the battle.btl if anyone wants to take a look.

Attached Files
.zip   battle.zip (Size: 13.16 KB / Downloads: 188)
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2013, 06:10 AM,
RE: Overland game crash w/ AI
I don't recall ever hearing of that issue occurring before during the play-testing project.

I just fired off a email to John Ferry about it. Hopefully, he can respond to you soon.

Thanks for letting us know of the issue.
02-22-2013, 06:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 06:25 AM by John Ferry.)
Hey there--
My name is John Ferry, and I am the lead designer for Overland. I cranked up your game and the same thing happened to me, so it is definitely not your computer.
The problem is actually above my pay grade. Our best bet is to see if Rich Hamilton, at support, can help us out.
J

(02-22-2013, 05:58 AM)Spud Wrote: Hi Guys,

Has anyone had problems w/ Campaign Overland not responding when playing against AI.

Am currently 73 turns into Mine Run Campaign and each time I hit next turn button for AI to make its moves my screen turns opaque white and a message flases up saying "cpd.exe not responding."

I have started some other Overland scenerios to see if the problem can be repeated, by so far no such issue has arisen.

Am using Windows 7 and I have plenty of RAM and a huge space on harddrive memory. My computer is also virus free.

Any ideas?

Here's a zip of the battle.btl if anyone wants to take a look.

Spud--
I tried putting the rebs under human control and the turn cycled normally. It is an AI problem somehow. I also forwarded the issue to Rich Hamilton
John

(02-22-2013, 06:10 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: I don't recall ever hearing of that issue occurring before during the play-testing project.

I just fired off a email to John Ferry about it. Hopefully, he can respond to you soon.

Thanks for letting us know of the issue.

02-22-2013, 06:31 AM,
Thanks John
02-22-2013, 06:34 AM,

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

And am glad it wasn't my computer.

It was, however, quite annoying as the battle was heating up.

Spud.