• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help! ;)
02-15-2013, 08:41 AM,
Feedback Needed  Help! ;)
Heya all!

Does anyone feel like playing a couple friendly games with a complete noob and perhaps pointing out what I'm doing wrong? Despite playing the AI for a bit, I'm absolutely awful at this. I am, however, quite patient and I'm eager to listen to advice.

Currently I own Modern War, Eagles Strike, and FWW. Also, thanks for having me and maintaining this awesome community!
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 01:00 PM,
RE: Help! ;)
Pick a game and send it.
02-15-2013, 03:03 PM,
Hey Hedonist

I'd be happy to play you a game and point out anything you do right or wrong and give you some tips, as well as answer any questions you might have. I have done this several times before and enjoy trying to teach the game. Feel free to pick a scenario from any of the games and send it my way. I would probably suggest something other than First World War though. While this is a great game, the tactics necessary to do well are likely to get you slaughtered in other more modern titles. The other thing I would highly recommend is that you read the rules if you have not already done so.

My email address is jefferyconner at suddenlink dot net

Jeff
02-15-2013, 11:49 PM,
Thank you gentlemen! I will pick some scenarios and send out some turns this evening when I get out of work. I really appreciate this.
02-16-2013, 12:05 AM,
Feel free to post any questions you have about the game or struggles you may be having here. I'd also recommend going back and looking through the older posts here, there are a lot of strategy/tactics threads over the last few years.

Also, click on the link in my signature for Task Force Echo Four. There are quite a few resources for new players to be found there.

Jeff is right, read through the rule book as well, just to get a feel for the things you should be looking for as you play.

This board has a great bunch of guys, many of whom are scenario designers for the series, like Jeff was for Falklands. You'll find a lot of helpful advice here, don't be afraid to ask.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-16-2013, 02:24 AM,
Welcome aboard. Here is a good place to start.
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=57984
02-16-2013, 02:30 AM,
(02-15-2013, 03:03 PM)Jeff Conner Wrote: Hey Hedonist

I'd be happy to play you a game and point out anything you do right or wrong and give you some tips, as well as answer any questions you might have. I have done this several times before and enjoy trying to teach the game.

Jeff was most helpful with my learning.

One thing that helped me a lot, was playing solitaire, but not against the AI. Select the Hotseat option, and play BOTH sides. This helped me understand by seeing what cover is. how spotting works, etc.

Steve
02-16-2013, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM by Happy Hedonist.)
Thanks everyone! I won't be afraid to pop in and ask a few questions if I need to. I'm going to spend the evening reading the tip/grunt school thread and playing some solitaire. You guys rock! Respect4

I forgot to mention that I have actually read the manual but it definitely wouldn't hurt me to go through it again. I'm sure I missed a bunch and I actually enjoy reading manuals. JTS manuals are so nice too. Unlike most other wargames when I read a Tiller manual I actually feel like I know what's going on 'under the hood'.