• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Africa at War patch help
02-11-2013, 06:54 AM,
Help  Africa at War patch help
I have Africa at War but the version is 1.00 and all my opponents seem to have version 1.03 but I can't seem to find the patch anywhere and need help. Anyone know how to get Africa at War to 1.03?

Regards,
Ashley (Ashcloud)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2013, 05:25 PM,
RE: Africa at War patch help
Well, as far as I know there is only the option to update the base game and since that mod is made for Pacific War as far as I can remember, just update the game directory with the latest patch for PW and that should get the job done for You - and anybody else. Yes, I have just had a look; it's PW so use the latest PW patch. Good luck with that.
02-11-2013, 08:10 PM,
Nope, that makes PW 1.03 but not Africa???
Send this user an email
02-11-2013, 09:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013, 05:22 AM by burroughs.)
Yes, indeed, You update the game engine to the latest version and even with the mod installed and running - have a look at the screenshot I am attaching - the interface displays the PW information since the mod uses the very same .exe file as the base game - PW that is.

As far as I know there hasn't been any updates for AAW and if You mean finding the latest files, just overwrite the ones installed in Your PW directory and that's all. You won't get a separate message concerning the AAW exclusivly from the game interface as the mod uses the PW engine.

I looked into my AAW directory, checked the AAW files and there are no notes about the updated versions installed.

Simply, have the PW installed, updated with the latest patch, then unpack or install the AAW mod - can't remember now in what form it comes, I think there are a few separate downloads making up for a complete mod available at TFE4 - tat's all. I don't think anaything else goes here and applies.

Attached Files
.jpg   AAW.jpg (Size: 165.27 KB / Downloads: 6)
02-12-2013, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013, 03:54 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
Burroughs is correct. AAW uses the PW game as its engine, which means if you place the updated version of PW into that folder, the game then utilizes the newest engine updates.

There have been no formal updates to AAW since its release, just what changes have been made when PW gets updated.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-12-2013, 05:44 PM,
Finally, fixed. Thank you, burroughs and TheBigRedOne. When I finally understood what you guys were saying it was a simple affair of copying the pw.exe into the Africa at War folder.
Send this user an email