• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M44 Zero VP Objectives?
02-10-2013, 12:23 AM,
M44 Zero VP Objectives?
I'm playing a game of M44 against the AI. Playing as Sovs, I have captured almost all of the objectives and destroyed most of the German troops, but so far I have only achieved a draw. There are maybe another 1500 points of objectives, and I can probably pick up another couple thousand points wiping out more Germans, but that will barely get me to a minor victory.

I notice that there are a couple of zero VP objectives on the far map edge; do I get additional VP for exiting troops from these hexes? If so, how many VP can I pick up? I couldn't find anything about this in the manual...
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2013, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2013, 04:41 AM by Kuriltai.)
RE: M44 Zero VP Objectives?
Yes you get points for exiting.How much you get depends on the size and type of unit.I think you can use the oob editor to see how many vp points a unit is worth.
Also as you exit a unit the value of the exit hex will change showing a running total of points as you exit more units.
02-10-2013, 06:07 AM,
I have never been able to translate values in the editor to values on map. However, my general rule of thumb for Sovs is just over 1 pt per 10 men for infantry (mot inf/eng/HQ more), probably 1.5 and less for recon/other vehicles, and maybe 1.2 per gun, but that could be higher. Generally I don't worry about it and exit what I can. Ultimately, the value is the same as for losing the same strength in combat.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
02-10-2013, 07:51 PM,
Thanks for the info guys, very helpful.
02-12-2013, 06:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013, 07:11 AM by tbridges.)
A follow up question, please, on a related issue I can't find mentioned in the manual. Read

If future enemy reinforcements are scheduled to enter the game through the exit hex I just used...does my opponent still get those reinforcements and do I still keep the VPs I got for exiting?
02-12-2013, 07:17 AM,
I was never aware that a enemy arrival locations could share a "friendly" exit hex location. Batman Confused

All I remember reading or being told was that if you had friendly troops located anywhere close to a enemy arrival location they would be wiped off the map and you would loose them for the rest of the scenario, when those enemy troops arrived.

02-12-2013, 07:32 AM,
(02-12-2013, 07:17 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: I was never aware that a enemy arrival locations could share a "friendly" exit hex location. Batman Confused

All I remember reading or being told was that if you had friendly troops located anywhere close to a enemy arrival location they would be wiped off the map and you would loose them for the rest of the scenario, when those enemy troops arrived.

I'm playing DF'85. There are two "0" objective hexes at the northern map edge of the Danish peninsula. NATO reinforcements are scheduled to arrive through those hexes. Or at least I have been presuming those are exit hexes. What else would "0" objective hexes be for?
02-12-2013, 07:32 AM,
(02-12-2013, 06:20 AM)tbridges Wrote: A follow up question, please, on a related issue I can't find mentioned in the manual. Read

If future enemy reinforcements are scheduled to enter the game through the exit hex I just used...does my opponent still get those reinforcements and do I still keep the VPs I got for exiting?

Yes and Yes (as strange and illogical as it might seem).
Send this user an email
02-12-2013, 07:45 AM,
(02-12-2013, 07:32 AM)JDR Dragoon Wrote:
(02-12-2013, 06:20 AM)tbridges Wrote: A follow up question, please, on a related issue I can't find mentioned in the manual. Read

Yes and Yes (as strange and illogical as it might seem).

So I would probably be better served by establishing defensive positions near the entry point, destroying the enemy reinforcements when they arrive, and only then exiting the map?

How close can I get to the exit hex without inviting elimination when the reinforcements finally arrive?

Or is that considered "gamey"? Dont Know

02-12-2013, 08:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2013, 08:09 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
Yes it is. And the enemy entry hex might be a "protected hex". In that case, all of your units within a certain radius of that hex is automatically "Broken" as soon as the enemy force enters. If your units occupy the protected hex they will even be eliminated automatically in order to make room ;-)

(DF85 Main Program .pdf page 10)
Send this user an email