• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should Medic Units be included in JTCS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
26.09%
6 26.09%
No
73.91%
17 73.91%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should Medic Units be included in JTCS?
02-08-2013, 04:12 AM,
RE: Should Medic Units be included in JTCS?
I guess I am just a traditionalist. I feel the game is so well done, there is no need to junk it up.

Just one guy's opinion ...
02-08-2013, 06:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013, 06:00 AM by Death~Dealer.)
No medic units
02-10-2013, 06:13 PM,
Given the fact that only 20 members voted I am thinking there should have been a third answer to choose: I do not care
02-10-2013, 10:54 PM,
Hey John: Smoke7

Looks like you got your answer from the poll? Idea2

Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
02-10-2013, 11:33 PM,
Three to one against in a small sample is telling. Roast Marshmellows

I don't care would have attracted someone who does not care? Idea2
I would have preferred "do you want medics that effect the game" as the question.

Eye candy is one thing?
You can make it pretty but "what does it do" becomes the main factor. Clues

Drink Smoke

HSL

02-11-2013, 12:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2013, 12:44 AM by Crossroads.)
Yes, back to the drawing board...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
02-11-2013, 11:23 AM,
Yep, like i said, the 'morale boost' ability really scared a lot of folks away. I hope though that everyone who voted read the actual medic 'thread' that was locked. That's where the real info on what I was proposing is located.

I feel pretty strongly though that our hobby must grow and evolve in order to survive, if not thrive. The number of, and popularity of JTCS mods is, imo, a strong testament to the desire for a number of our members to see the JTCS from a different perspective, as well as wring the max. amount of fun and variety out of it.

Perhaps including medics without any special abilities would be a step in the right direction on this issue?

Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
02-11-2013, 11:33 AM,
(02-11-2013, 11:23 AM)John Given Wrote: Perhaps including medics without any special abilities would be a step in the right direction on this issue?
Without any special abilities? What about not special? Are they going to have any abilities at all? If not, why do we need them? Just move them here and there on the battlefield and enjoy red color of the cross? Helmet Smile

02-11-2013, 04:34 PM,
I agree with Dmitriy. What is the point of introducing units which do not do anything? Well they could block the roads and provide negative point but I think we all agree this would be gamey.
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM,
(02-11-2013, 11:23 AM)John Given Wrote: I feel pretty strongly though that our hobby must grow and evolve in order to survive, if not thrive. The number of, and popularity of JTCS mods is, imo, a strong testament to the desire for a number of our members to see the JTCS from a different perspective, as well as wring the max. amount of fun and variety out of it.

We can see you feel strongly about this issue.
Maybe not so much about the "hobby". If you want it to evolve be careful of the changes you wish for. Panzer General was a simple and appealing game that morphed into PG III-D. The 3-D aspects killed it for me. Where is it now?

Put the medics, field hospitals, and ambulances in some other game or mod. What Matrix JTCS needs is not a clutter of crap that will effect the game itself.
As long as the mods exist and do well don't mess with the core game.
It needs so much more that has been discussed over the years.

Medics may be the new flavor of the day? I just want them kept in the mods.

And, I changed my mind, I agree with Pawel and Dmitriy that they do nothing and should be kept out of CS, even as eye candy.

I respect your opinion.
I just don't understand why you have it so strongly. Farmer

cheers

HSL