• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should Medic Units be included in JTCS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
26.09%
6 26.09%
No
73.91%
17 73.91%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should Medic Units be included in JTCS?
02-13-2013, 03:34 AM,
RE: Should Medic Units be included in JTCS?
(02-13-2013, 02:33 AM)John Given Wrote:
Quote:Posted by Herr Straßen Läufer - Yesterday 09:51 PM Officers effect morale, the ability to hit what is being shot at, and they increase the range of HQ's.
To make a point you want to call them medics?

Officers have a purpose. They were built into the system. You changing them to medics kinda taints the system?

Oh for pete's sake. dizzy Jester

I'm referring to the name of the officers as they appear in the org file - like 'Lt. Miller' for example. If you click on an officer name, you can blank out the text there and put anything you want in the field. Like...Medic.

Frankly John, I think you are simply throwing things out to get a rise out of posters.
You said you were going to rename the officers and make them medics. "Until then, what's stopping us from taking an officer from the OOB editor when creating a new scenario, give him the name 'Medic' and stick him into a scenario org file? His game function will be very similar to an actual medic, only he'll have a command rating and a positive point value (which I do not want for medics)."

If you change the officer to "Medic", by name, the officer still will have the officer effect upon the game. So c'mon don't play me like I am stupid. "Pete" might not mind if it is for his sake but I do mind.

You have gone from the merits of having the units to changing existing units? All for the sake of your argument (leave Pete out of this).
You Horse5 and want us to agree with you?

Please stop with the name calling and innuendo of belittling. Ignorance may be bliss. But, being ignorant sure helps no one?
If you have a good reason to add units that change the structure of the existing game's morale system fine. I'm all ears (eyes).

So far, I have not seen or heard any good reason. Farmer

cheers

HSL

02-13-2013, 03:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2013, 03:49 AM by Otto von Blotto.)
(02-13-2013, 03:21 AM)John Given Wrote: totally my fault Otto - looks like I learned a new term today!

I have heard that since i was a kid and never noticed shall we say, an insulting connotation. :whis:

Fair enough it is forgiven and forgotten, lets move on.

02-13-2013, 04:40 AM,
Gents: Smoke7

This thread has run it's course. It's closed.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email