• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Game Help
01-25-2013, 01:59 AM,
Help  Game Help
I see some recent post about the SP series, I understand its no longer availible to purchase? I read somewhere that there is a free download? I saw the game years ago but didnt have the free time to learn, Id like to now, preferably WWII.

Thank you
John
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2013, 03:24 AM,
RE: Game Help
Hi John; Head on over to Shrapnel Games to get both SPww2 and SPmbt for free.

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-25-2013, 03:30 AM,

SPWAW v.8.20 FULL @ FilePlanet.com
Posted: 1 JUL 2004

This is the full game available for free. (420 MB) - Does not include Mega-Campaigns
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/142677.shtml
Send this user an email
01-29-2013, 12:21 AM,
(01-25-2013, 01:59 AM)JRTXX Wrote: I see some recent post about the SP series, I understand its no longer availible to purchase? I read somewhere that there is a free download? I saw the game years ago but didnt have the free time to learn, Id like to now, preferably WWII.

Thank you
John

This may help you figure out what is available:

[Image: Steel_Panthers_Evolution_400x1200.png]
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM by Gila.)
(01-25-2013, 01:59 AM)JRTXX Wrote: I see some recent post about the SP series, I understand its no longer availible to purchase? I read somewhere that there is a free download? I saw the game years ago but didnt have the free time to learn, Id like to now, preferably WWII.

Thank you
John

I believe SP1 and 2 are DOS versions are obsolete and no longer for sale,you may corherce someone to to hook you up however.
Or you can downlowd the free updated version from shrapnel WinSPWW2 and give it try and decide if you want to purchase the CD which has the ability to campaign in "play by e-mail"
(PBEM)
BTW,before someone jabs me for it,

You can play a PBEM battle in the free version,, just not a PBEM campaign,that's only for CD users.
Hope this make any sense to you.
Smoke6
02-05-2013, 05:24 AM,
As Gila stated, there are two Windows versions, one free which provides 5 game slots and no range filters, and the purchased CD which provides numerous game slots and the ability to set range filters, target filters and ambush hexes. I have the CD but admit I never use the filters but others swear by it.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
02-06-2013, 08:45 AM,
Too me the most important feature of the purchased version as opposed to the free is support for resolutions above 800x600 and wide-screen support!

...of course I am refering to the WinSPWW2 Shrapnel/Camo Workshop version.
02-06-2013, 05:43 PM,
(02-06-2013, 08:45 AM)gabeeg Wrote: Too me the most important feature of the purchased version as opposed to the free is support for resolutions above 800x600 and wide-screen support!

Absolutely, very difficult playing it in a 800x600 window.
Send this user an email
02-07-2013, 04:57 AM,
(02-06-2013, 08:45 AM)gabeeg Wrote: Too me the most important feature of the purchased version as opposed to the free is support for resolutions above 800x600 and wide-screen support!

true, so use to the new resolution that I didn't even think about it.