• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help with F14
01-13-2013, 08:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 08:43 PM by Xaver.)
Help with F14
Hi, i am working on a scen for F14 and find a little problem.

I want add some fortress units (infantry units) to leave french forts with no regular troops as garrison (at least i dont want force players garrison them with regular units if they dont want do it when germans attack them) but when i edit the OOB (late OOB), add the garrison on map and save it i have an error when try open the scen... i edit OOB using notepad++ with a copy paste from St Mihiel garrison units... any advice???

I copy this and only change the quality value to have a D quality level, increase strent to 500 and change unit name from Genicourt to Fortname Garrison.

"B. 126648 INF FT 725 4 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 6 9 0 0 Génicourt, 1914 Garrison"

Oooo edit the OOB with the add of these units... create some kind of problem with stock scens that use this OOB???

And other question, i am doing some test to see how works the attachment in german side, i want split Fabeck Army (that have only indirect arty units) between diferent armies but i cant do it, only can assign Fabeck units to a single army... my question is, if i dont add the HQ to Fabeck army can i use the arty units where i want??? this is that any german unit that spot a french unit works as spoter with no penalties for Fabeck arty???

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 12:42 AM,
RE: Help with F14
Regarding the OOB editing question, I don't believe the game allows that to be done. From what I recall changes are not allowed, so you can't do what you are doing - you have to use the OOB that comes with the game. For a future update, VM may add some units in for you if you ask, but otherwise you are stuck.

And no idea regarding #2, but you can probably only attach the overall formation, that would be similar to PzC games.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-14-2013, 01:32 AM,
You can change all you want. The danger comes when a certain unit is put into the scenario (using the scenario editor) and then removed/radically altered using the OOB editor. When you start the game/scenario editor, the program will ask for that unit, and when it cannot find it, it will crash.
Send this user an email
01-14-2013, 02:03 AM,
In PzC and Modern Campaigns this is true, you can change the OOB. But in F'14 the OOB is locked - I just did a quick check of old posts to verify. Changing the OOB in F'14 will cause errors, period. In playtesting it, a new exe had to be sent whenever the OOB was changed. So the idea is a no go in '14.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-14-2013, 02:17 AM,
Ok, my bad.
Send this user an email
01-14-2013, 06:26 AM,
Thank you, then or i wait an OOB editor for WWI serie or i need continue with regular units as garrison.

Well, at least know i can continue working in the scen, maybe i can finish someday hehehe.

Again thanks for the replies.
01-18-2013, 08:58 PM,
"I want add some fortress units (infantry units) to leave french forts with no regular troops as garrison (at least i dont want force players garrison them with regular units if they dont want do it when germans attack them) but when i edit the OOB (late OOB), add the garrison on map and save it i have an error when try open the scen... i edit OOB using notepad++ with a copy paste from St Mihiel garrison units... any advice???"

Why would you want to do this anyway? You have 1 million 300,000 men under Your command! Ain't that enough? jonny LMAOROTFLMAO

01-19-2013, 03:44 AM,
Because use garrisons from other cities is... and i need liberate regular units from garrison missions to have better deploy in defense to have local reserves in same regiment/brigades and i can deploy a little better 2nd line units.

Now i have stoped the scen but....

A little example first i want finish the french deployment when i do it i add the german forces, my idea is create a scen for 1 VS 1 but with team game options.

[Image: UO0056.jpg]
01-19-2013, 02:55 PM,
"Because use garrisons from other cities is... and i need liberate regular units from garrison missions to have better deploy in defense to have local reserves in same regiment/brigades and i can deploy a little better 2nd line units.

Now i have stoped the scen but....

A little example first i want finish the french deployment when i do it i add the german forces, my idea is create a scen for 1 VS 1 but with team game options."

Nice idea. Now I see what you were trying to do. So fight it out without the Garrison units on the front? Jester
01-20-2013, 09:31 AM,
Thats the idea, create at least a garrison infantry unit in forts (maybe add an extra MG unit...) and leave regular units to hold forts flanks and rear (i use only trenches in hexes that have an unit and a fort in next hex) and have the option to use them as fort garrison in an emergency, i plan give to germans all their siege guns (except naval units that move by rail) and forts have 50% of their defensive value.