• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS/TOC and Win7 issues ...
01-16-2013, 06:30 PM,
HPS/TOC and Win7 issues ...
Howdee gents - by the way, do we have any women around? Anybody happens to know a female wargamer? Off-topic, sorry, but just a little bit, it was too tempting.

Anyway, I have just bought a laptop and a desktop computer, both operating Win7 - for the very first time for me, as I have been using the ol' good XP exclusively until now. Every wargame I have seems to work fine there so far, but with a few glitches - failed to look the answer up at the forums here, couldn't have found any thread regarding the same thing I am moaning about, only a few similar ones.
The most important, which I have already observed even under XP, is that quite often, whicle watching a replay of the enemy turn, in F'14 I cannot assess the effects of the indirect arty fire missions - the screen freezes, there is the distinct sound - the game is running - but the mouse cursor indicates waitng and then the game resumes right after the hits have been registered and I don't even see what, where and with what results was targeted ( lest I don't remember what I ordered to be fired at last time ... ). What the ... ?

Running the games under Win7 I am having a problem with the enemy opportunity and defensive fire, both during replays and while fighting my turn - there is the same thing aforementioned; can't see what was the result, the casualty taken number and sometimes even how many salvos were there I think .

Any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 12:39 AM,
RE: HPS/TOC and Win7 issues ...
If you go to the HPS website front page there is a link that says "Known Vista and Win7 issues". Follow the instructions there and that should fix your problems.
01-18-2013, 08:33 PM,
(01-17-2013, 12:39 AM)Al Wrote: If you go to the HPS website front page there is a link that says "Known Vista and Win7 issues". Follow the instructions there and that should fix your problems.

Thanks a lot, I should have started there instead.
01-18-2013, 08:53 PM,
""watching a replay of the enemy turn, in F'14 I cannot assess the effects of the indirect arty fire missions - the screen freezes, there is the distinct sound - the game is running - but the mouse cursor indicates waitng and then the game resumes right after the hits have been registered and I don't even see what, where and with what results was targeted ( lest I don't remember what I ordered to be fired at last time ... ). What the ... ?""

I have 7 and the way to get around this problem in F 14 is view the replay twice: First time decline to watch the enemy movement replay, and the program will go directly to your indirect fire phase which you should be able to see 99% of the time. jonny LOL