• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

More than a game?
01-20-2013, 08:21 AM,
RE: More than a game?
To my taste it is just the best war game. The other game's scale is too large or too small. I've tried quite a few, but find his one just perfect. Level of realism is very high, the game gives you a strong feel of what is going on in the battlefield. And graphics. Despite that it is 2D, it is very nice, designed with a lot of care, taste and love. Being an artist it is so difficult to handle the ugly stuff... Is it "more the a game"? I don't think so. But it is the best game for sure Helmet Wink
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM,
(01-20-2013, 04:21 AM)Scud Wrote: Not sure what I like more, the game or the friends I've made playing it.

Amen to that Dave. It does make it more than "the" game.
Quite a few cyber buddies over the years of play. Thumbs Up

(01-20-2013, 08:21 AM)Skryabin Wrote: To my taste it is just the best war game. The other game's scale is too large or too small. I've tried quite a few, but find his one just perfect. Level of realism is very high, the game gives you a strong feel of what is going on in the battlefield. And graphics. Despite that it is 2D, it is very nice, designed with a lot of care, taste and love.

Yes, to that! The game had me at "hello" and the club gave me a place to keep the affair going.

Music Man Dance8

Cheers6

HSL
01-21-2013, 02:42 AM,
Great thread Kool Kat.

I'd echo what others have said and stress that the Blitz and the friends we've made through this game are unbelievable. When I first started at the Blitz I was fortunate to make many friends and always looked forward to playing one another, testing scenarios, and chatting about life - especially with Don Fox.

I think all of our passion for the history of the time period, hours of entertainment the game provides, and the Blitz are a perfect get-away from life sometimes. Plus it's strategy and analysis and critical thinking (or at least that's how I describe and justify it to my girlfriend!)
01-21-2013, 04:09 AM,
I love playing this game and there is no other game I play more than CS. Also I play it exclusively PBEM. So summing up it is the game in my case. However it is still just a game for me. I mean if I played a different startegy gam I would have equal chances of meeting good folks so I feel there is not much more special abbout CS over other games in this manner. IMHO...

01-21-2013, 10:04 AM,
I don't know if it is more than a game but, I do know I have met some great people and many worthy opponents over the years (a lot of years now) who have given me many hours of challenging enjoyment. I have also had a lot of fun creating scenarios which as someone else said is like watching history come alive. Lastly there have been some great linked campaigns which were only made possible by the guys who joined in and suffered thru the teething pains and have continued to play the game in what (IMHO) I consider the greatest way to play. I look forward to many more enjoyable team games and campaigns...........you guys are the best.

Leaving now before I do something stupid like cry or offer to hug someone :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-26-2013, 03:55 AM,
(01-20-2013, 08:21 AM)Skryabin Wrote: To my taste it is just the best war game. The other game's scale is too large or too small. I've tried quite a few, but find his one just perfect. Level of realism is very high, the game gives you a strong feel of what is going on in the battlefield. And graphics. Despite that it is 2D, it is very nice, designed with a lot of care, taste and love. Being an artist it is so difficult to handle the ugly stuff... Is it "more the a game"? I don't think so. But it is the best game for sure Helmet Wink

What kind of artist?
Send this user an email
01-26-2013, 04:08 AM,
(01-26-2013, 03:55 AM)Ashcloud Wrote: What kind of artist?
kind of a sensitive one to the beautySweep

02-04-2013, 08:59 PM,
More than a game? ... i don´t know, but it´s THAT strategic wargame for me.

I played the different areas of the CS since many years ago. After a break of one and a half years ... i found back to one of the best wargames that i know .. and to some friends here too.

R
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)