• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

JTCS viewer issue with mod enabled
01-13-2013, 04:04 AM,
Help  JTCS viewer issue with mod enabled
Hi guys,

anyone had any issues with JTCS viewr with a mod installed and enabled?

Recently I have installed EF "Forgotten battles" mod. Since then when I run JTCS viewer and select Eastern Front only (i.e. mod is in EF) the viewer crashes. It still works for WF and RIsing Sun selection.

Is it a known issue with mods? Is there any work around? I need the veiwer to work as I am no W7 and it is not possible to access units data in game. SO I was using Unit Viewer. But now with mod in place I cannot view Ef units data at all :(
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2013, 04:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 04:17 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: JTCS viewer issue with mod enabled
Sorry Pawel, I have no idea why it does that Angry5

It's done this since the very first version of the mod. For what its worth its been listed there as an anomaly all along Help5

I have pretty much reverted to looking at the units using viewer's West Front point of view. Most countries are there. Not all of them though...

Anyone got an idea? Clues
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-13-2013, 04:34 AM,
Btw, when the mod is disabled (uninstalled), JTCS Viewer works again.

Something in one of the new or upgraded platoon files seems to be causing a hiccup...
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-13-2013, 06:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 05:16 PM by Crossroads.)
OK, I ran a couple of further tests. JTCS Unit Viewer remains OK with Lapland Mod 1.0 (Finland only) or with Mike's EF Poland mod on.

It breaks down with Lapland Mod 1.1, so I suppose it is one of UK US or France that are the guilty potties here.

A possible work-around is to fire up JTCS Unit Viewer before enabling EF:FB mod.

It opens up, and interestingly enough, it still shows the upgraded Finnish and Polish platoons, once you enable the mod with JTCS Unit Viewer open.

It does not show any of the US UK France as countries available though, so you're out of luck with those. They of course are available via West Front point-of-view.

If you then close JTCS Unit Viewer and open it again, it won't show East Front but reports an error. Then if you again disable the mod, open up Unit Viewer, then enable the mod again it works.

A bit of a pain, but a work-around nevertheless... Or of course only use F2 unit info within the game when the mod is enabled...

Hope this helps.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-13-2013, 06:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 06:53 AM by PawelM.)
Ok. Thanks Petri.