• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Returning Player in Boot Camp Looking EF Games
01-15-2013, 06:04 PM,
Returning Player in Boot Camp Looking EF Games
Hi Everyone

Took advantage of the Matrix holiday sale and picked up Campaign Series re-release from 2007 (in addition some newer games) and I am looking to get back into playing CS regularly.

I stopped playing 8 or 9 years ago when I played under user name j goodspe .

I am looking for a short game to get out of boot camp and then kick off some longer (20 turns plus) games with a preference for East Front post-1942. Also, I was big fan of the von Earlmann designed scenarios - are those playable with the 2007 Matrix version of the game?

I ran through some games against the AI to refresh on game mechanics and tactics but probably will show some rust in PBEM for a few games.

Thank you.
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2013, 06:07 AM,
RE: Returning Player in Boot Camp Looking EF Games
Welcome back! Smoke7

I'm sure a CS player will answer your call to "extract" yourself out of boot camp! Yikes

But, beware of the Shark2 as you test the CS "waters" again! Wink

Again, welcome back... and good gaming!
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-16-2013, 07:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM by Scud.)
(01-15-2013, 06:04 PM)JKENNEDY Wrote: Hi Everyone

First, welcome back. Second, I don't see a member named "j goodspe". If you had a previous account, it still exists and should be used. We can bring it back if you can tell me the correct username. Goodspeed, perhaps?

Let me know, please.

Thanks!
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-16-2013, 10:35 AM,
(01-16-2013, 07:53 AM)Scud Wrote:
(01-15-2013, 06:04 PM)JKENNEDY Wrote: Hi Everyone

First, welcome back. Second, I don't see a member named "j goodspe". If you had a previous account, it still exists and should be used. We can bring it back if you can tell me the correct username. Goodspeed, perhaps?

Let me know, please.

Thanks!
Dave

Hi Scud

Yes, Goodspeed was the moniker. I had a look at the ladder and didn't see that name (although I could have been searching the wrong place). I assumed it was purged out. Happy to play under that old moniker, how can I reactivate? Thanks!
01-16-2013, 10:53 AM,
Here it is:

https://www.theblitz.club/profile/Goodspeed/1843
01-16-2013, 12:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2013, 12:50 PM by Scud.)
(01-16-2013, 10:35 AM)JKENNEDY Wrote: Hi Scud

Yes, Goodspeed was the moniker. I had a look at the ladder and didn't see that name (although I could have been searching the wrong place). I assumed it was purged out. Happy to play under that old moniker, how can I reactivate? Thanks!

Merely report a game. Do you have your old password? If not I'll email you a temporary one and you can change it after logging in under your control panel.

db
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-16-2013, 01:25 PM,
I don't have the old password so emailing me temp one would be great. Thanks!
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM,
(01-16-2013, 01:25 PM)JKENNEDY Wrote: I don't have the old password so emailing me temp one would be great. Thanks!

Email coming from the Blitz. Check your spam if you don't get it. If you still don't get it email me: bracken[dot]david[at]gmail[dot]com

Let me know when you're good to go as Goodspeed and we'll bag this account.

Dave
Send this user an email
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2013, 01:49 PM by Scud.)
JKENNEDY is no more.

Welcome back Goodspeed!!

Drum

Dave
Send this user an email