• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

winSPWW2 Icons
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013, 04:37 PM by Strela.)
winSPWW2 Icons
Hi All,

I need some assistance. I have downloaded the free version of winSPWW2.

I want to do some work with the icons and am using the SHPED (Shp editor) that comes with the game. I am also using the SPWW2 mastericon text file that is in the design directory to identify the icons I am interested in.

Unfortunately it appears many of the icons listed in the text file aren't present??

For example the text file says that there should be 99 icons in Icon0119.shp, yet the editor only shows 30?

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, or better still tell me where I can get a complete set of the latest shp files?

Thanks in advance,

David
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2013, 08:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM by Cross.)
RE: winSPWW2 Icons
Hi David,

ShpEd only shows you the first page of icons initially.

After you’ve selected a shape file, click the 3rd button on the bottom (view collage). This will show you the first page/collage of icons in the shape file (about 35 icons).
In the little scrollable window it tells you how many icons total are in the shp file, and it tells you what the number of the last icon you can see.
To see more icons in the shp file, you can change the “Image#’ in the left box to say ‘36’, then hit the view collage button again and you will see icons 36 to 70.

Read this post here:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47320

If you have any questions post them on this thread and I'll try to help you out.

01-14-2013, 05:43 PM,
RE: winSPWW2 Icons
Thanks Cross - will have another look and report back. Appreciate the assistance!

David