• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"East Front: Forgotten Battles" Out Now - Get Yours While Supplies Last!
01-06-2013, 03:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2013, 04:38 AM by Crossroads.)
This Just In  "East Front: Forgotten Battles" Out Now - Get Yours While Supplies Last!
Mike and I had an idea (won’t happen often so pay attention!) to combine all our individual EF mods into one simple install that adds truck loads of new capabilities into everyone's standard EF install.

Never ones to procrastinate, here it is: East Front: Forgotten Battles

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=63460

I know many of you are a bit concerned if mods can mess up your existing system. This one won’t.

Click. Installed. Click. Unistalled. Click. Installed, Cli… well you get the picture Helmet Smile

What you get is:

- EF Allied Bulgaria
- EF Axis Bulgaria
- EF Allied Finland
- EF Axis Finland Upgrade
- EF Allied France
- EF Allied Germany
- EF Allied Poland Upgrade
- EF Allied UK
- EF Allied US

Lots of new countries!

And eight new scenarios to play, forgotten battles taking place within the Soviet Invasion of Poland, Winter War, Continuation War, Lapland War, and Bulgarian Army’s rise against Nazi oppressors.

Patton Drives East? Not yet! You can be first in designing a scenario around it!

[Image: LWM12ScrShot.jpg]

Any questions let us know!

- Mike and Petri Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2013, 06:52 AM,
RE: "East Front: Forgotten Battles" Out Now - Get Yours While Supplies Last!
(01-06-2013, 03:39 AM)Battle Kat Wrote: Mike and I had an idea (won’t happen often so pay attention!) to combine all our individual EF mods into one simple install that adds truck loads of new capabilities into everyone's standard EF install.

Never ones to procrastinate, here it is: East Front: Forgotten Battles

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=63460

I know many of you are a bit concerned if mods can mess up your existing system. This one won’t.

Click. Installed. Click. Unistalled. Click. Installed, Cli… well you get the picture Helmet Smile

What you get is:

- EF Allied Bulgaria
- EF Axis Bulgaria
- EF Allied Finland
- EF Axis Finland Upgrade
- EF Allied France
- EF Allied Germany
- EF Allied Poland Upgrade
- EF Allied UK
- EF Allied US

Lots of new countries!

And eight new scenarios to play, forgotten battles taking place within the Soviet Invasion of Poland, Winter War, Continuation War, Lapland War, and Bulgarian Army’s rise against Nazi oppressors.

Patton Drives East? Not yet! You can be first in designing a scenario around it!

[Image: LWM12ScrShot.jpg]

Any questions let us know!

- Mike and Petri Salute

Which mods does this replace?
Send this user an email
01-06-2013, 07:03 AM,
LWM 1.2 and Mike's EF Polish and Bulgarian files
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-06-2013, 11:19 PM,
Nicely done, Petri!! Thanks for your efforts in combining this!! Was kicking around the idea of Patton Drives East. Made a scenario many years ago called Raging Bear, that I still have, but was for WF. Might try to convert it over, would be a great team game!! Steve Malsom and myself started to play it, then RL got in the way, and I forgot about it!!
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-07-2013, 09:06 PM,
We want more Soviets-vs-Poles scenarios too Helmet Smile

Battle of Szack is great fun, folks: check it out for a quick and vicious battle with some neat early war units and an interesting starting position the Soviets were caught in! Best when played blind, imho Salute
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-10-2013, 11:45 AM,
(01-06-2013, 11:19 PM)Warhorse Wrote: Nicely done, Petri!! Thanks for your efforts in combining this!! Was kicking around the idea of Patton Drives East. Made a scenario many years ago called Raging Bear, that I still have, but was for WF. Might try to convert it over, would be a great team game!! Steve Malsom and myself started to play it, then RL got in the way, and I forgot about it!!

Warhorse,
I played that one for a long time and it froze up around turn 45 I think so it may need some fixing up.

Chuck
01-11-2013, 08:21 AM,
Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the heads up, I never got that far into it, will definitely look it over while converting. I'm guessing the culprit would most likely be a reinforcement unit that is no longer in the platoon file.
Meine Ehre heisst Treue

http://www.cslegion.com/
01-11-2013, 10:49 AM,
Heads up Gents,

Found a minor glitch, not a bad one though. One can work around it by swapping in the org files.

I'm working on a May'45 scenario with the Soviets (not Russians) against the Brits, USA and West (Allied) Germans.

It appears that in the Soviet Motorized Engineer Company within a Soviet Mechanized Corps the Mine laying engineer is Russian not Soviet. The unit color is brown not gray. I discovered this when I was trying to setup in the same hex with other engineers of the same company. Not sure if other engineer companies within other higher echelon units are doing the same thing, but I did find this one.

Other than this the mod is solid and I haven't found any other issues.
Thanks

Ivan the BigCigar5
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2013, 03:55 AM by Crossroads.)
Good call!

We have not touched the Axis Soviets though, they remain 'as-is'.

I'll have a look at this in the evening, if it is only the OOB files or unit bitmap for that matter, it should be easy to fix.

I was thinking adding the Free French to EF roster at one point, to have late war units available for them as well. But since I saw no interest in these late-war what-ifs I put it on hold...

Seems I would now need to take that plan forward Salute

Would be neat to add Osiris' 1944-45 Soviet OOB here as well, so if you are reading this and would have time to convert that ORG file into OOB files I'd love to make it available too Helmet Smile

Edit; In fact, could you send me the scenario files you are working with, that would help me finding the misbehaving unit quicker.
Visit us at CSLegion.com
01-13-2013, 02:42 AM,
Petri,

I already swapped out the offending units using the normal org function so I'm thing that wouldn't help. But let me throw and org and map file together real quick and I'll send it over.

Thanks
Ivan the Big