• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMx2 tactical notes and observations
03-01-2015, 04:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015, 04:42 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: CMx2 tactical notes and observations
9- I bring up a fresh PzIVH and the Tankhunters throw several of these big AT-grenades at it.
(They threw standard grenades as the panzer approached and only threw these big AT-grens when it was very close, maybe they're too heavy to throw far)
[Image: RT-flam011_zpsi78nbrpg.jpg~original]

10- Bang, they have impact fuses..
Result- tank immobilised and optics damaged, no crew injuries.
[Image: RT-flam012_zpslqrpsjbt.jpg~original]

11- I cancelled the AT-Rifleman's arc and he immediately opens up on a PzIVH at 290 metres range and gets several hits, but predictably the tank isn't damaged, so I bring it nearer as below, but the ATR still doesn't have the punch to penetrate it..
[Image: RT-flam9_zpswo8mvvvo.jpg~original]
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 04:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 03:08 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
12- The ATR does much better against this Sd251 halftrack, penetrating it frontally at 290 metres..
[Image: RT-flam013_zps1k87iqin.jpg~original]

13- the crew dismounted without injury and the vehicle was not severely damaged, they could of course get back in later when they've regained their composure..
[Image: RT-flam014_zpscmfnlqcl.jpg~original]

Summary
Flame: the panzer didn't burst into flames but the crew no doubt experienced a sharp rise in temperature. The team also followed up with grenades and the tank ended up immobd by either the grens or flame. No crew injuries.
Tankhunters: their mix of big AT-grens and standard grens immobd a panzer and damaged its optics. No crew injuries.
AT-rifleman: he had a go at a panzer but did no harm. His real prey is light armour, he penetrated a halftrack at long range and forced the crew to dismount.
03-02-2015, 01:28 PM,
(03-01-2015, 03:57 AM)PoorOldSpike Wrote: (Note there's no special graphic for the nozzle of the flamethrower, it's just a standard rifle graphic)

BTW It is designed to look like a rifle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_flamethrowers
03-02-2015, 11:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2015, 11:28 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
(03-02-2015, 01:28 PM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: BTW It is designed to look like a rifle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROKS_flamethrowers

Smart Russkis, it won't draw so much enemy fire..:)
--------------------------------------------------------

FLAMETHROWER AMBUSH TEST
Two German squads approach the bridge, what could possibly go wrong?..
[Image: RT-flamA_zpsmzubvkxk.jpg~original]

Whoosh, a potent combination of flame, grenades and submachinegun fire from the two-man Russian FT team inflict heavy casualties..
[Image: RT-flamB_zps1jhsuz2j.jpg~original]

The Russian view. Range to the road is 20 metres.
The Germans are beginning to shoot back, the Russians retreat soon after without any injuries..
[Image: RT-flamC_zps3swaljjd.jpg~original]
03-03-2015, 03:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 03:05 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
FLAME v HALFTRACK TEST
I trundle it along the road on 'Slow', as anything faster will mean the flamethrower guy might not get off a squirt before it's moved on out of range..
[Image: RT-flamD_zpszi119qui.jpg~original]

The squad in it are toasted, and although the FT guy squirted several more times til empty, the halftrack itself remained undamaged and simply read 'Dismounted'. I could see no bodies in or around it, ashes to ashes presumably..
[Image: RT-flamE_zpsky0pc7ac.jpg~original]

..so I brought up this second FT guy to finish it off..
[Image: RT-flamF_zpslejsqyhb.jpg~original]

..nice job..
[Image: RT-flamG_zps51kbqkcc.jpg~original]

-----------------------------------------------------------

FLAME vs 8-WHEELER TEST
I used two fresh AT-teams on him with a total of about 12 squirts but he suffered no damage, and turned left and scooted off..
[Image: RT-flamH_zpsgzh0iinf.jpg~original]
03-03-2015, 03:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 03:14 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
FLAME vs PzIVH
This pic is from an earlier test, the FT team hit it with grenades and several squirts of flame and it ended up immobd with no crew injuries, I'm not sure whether it was the grens or flame that immobd it..
[Image: RT-flam010_zpspffpxsii.jpg~original]
03-03-2015, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 04:38 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
FLAME vs TRUCK
It trundles past on Slow, and one of the FT team hurls a grenade which bursts harmlessly behind..
[Image: RT-flamI_zpsguza6w8p.jpg~original]

..then the FT guy himself begins squirting, it seemingly sails over the vehicle in a near miss..
[Image: RT-flamJ_zpsylp71bae.jpg~original]

..but a near miss is good enough to do the job and the squad is wiped out with the first squirt, no bodies show on map..
[Image: RT-flamK_zpsnlwox6al.jpg~original]

..then he finishes off the empty truck..
[Image: RT-flamL_zpsnwgbobx6.jpg~original]

Summary
FT's are usually only able to hit slow-moving vehicles.
Passengers in halftracks and trucks are very vulnerable to flame.
03-03-2015, 04:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 04:46 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
FLAME vs WOODEN BUILDINGS
I wanted to see if wooden buildings could be set on fire and the answer seems to be no.
First the FT guy gave it about 6 squirts til empty, his teammate also joins in with his SMG..
[Image: RT-flamM_zpsks58ix5c.jpg~original]

Then I brought up an FT T-34 tank which gave it plenty more squirts but it still wouldn't burn.
The tank also gave it some shots from its main gun.
[Image: RT-flamN_zps31nimamr.jpg~original]

The T-34's hull-mounted FT nozzle..
[Image: RT-flamO_zpsms1org61.jpg~original]

[Image: RT-flamP_zpsxtoi4v26.jpg~original]
03-03-2015, 07:52 AM,
Yeah burning terrain is not in the game. By that I mean full on flames that spread. But have a look inside the building there might just be a few hot spots in there that you cannot see from the out side. Same with terrain if you blast away enough with HE or flame throwers little spots will start burning.
03-03-2015, 09:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015, 09:49 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
(03-03-2015, 07:52 AM)A Canadian Cat Wrote: Yeah burning terrain is not in the game. By that I mean full on flames that spread. But have a look inside the building there might just be a few hot spots in there that you cannot see from the out side. Same with terrain if you blast away enough with HE or flame throwers little spots will start burning.

Yes my kitchen often looks like that after i've tried to do myself some beefburgers.
I deploy a German squad in the wooden building..
[Image: RT-flamAA_zpso64beejx.jpg~original]

..and order 3x T-34 flamers to toast it..
[Image: RT-flamBB_zpskfrpm66l.jpg~original]

..and flame starts jetting in..
[Image: RT-flamCC_zpsinmovsto.jpg~original]

..and the building rubbles after just a minute or two under flame and main gunfire, burying the squad under it..
[Image: RT-flamDD_zpsftixtoek.jpg~original]

Okay boys, come on home for tea and medals..
[Image: RT-flamEE_zpsonjfq14m.jpg~original]

Conclusion- flame will always get inside a building