• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Europe 85 differences from PzC?
12-15-2012, 02:02 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-15-2012, 03:15 AM by bwv.)
Europe 85 differences from PzC?
just ordered Danube 85 after playing alot of PzC

what are some key things in terms of differences in tactics that I should bear in mind?

I also heard there is a gamey tactic of placing artillery-launched mines to isolate an opponent before an assault, is this right?
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2012, 02:19 PM,
RE: Europe 85 differences from PzC?
helicopters(stay on map), chemical weapons, Antitank Missiles, artillery fired mines, many more units with amphib capability, signet. NATO wins a shooting war and Russians win in CA. Disruption still a mission kill.
12-16-2012, 04:18 AM,
IMO the following are huge:

- Speed. The base speed of divisions is way, way faster. If you do not have a solid position, be ready to get outflanked very rapidly.
- Helicopters. Make sure to have a look at house rules, as a lot of gamey tactics are available with them. In my current game we have allowed using helos as CAS spotters, making rear areas not safe for units to be in t-mode. Not sure if this usually banned in house rules.
Even with house rules, helos are a poweful asset if used correctly.
- Artillery mines. You have a limited supply of these, so make sure that when you use them, there is a very good reason for it.
12-19-2012, 10:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 10:24 PM by JDR Dragoon.)
Infantry is also more resilient to armor and usually have a respectable (and even good) hard attack value.

Oh, and WMD as well. Tactical Nukes work a treat to bust an entire enemy stack and makes a satisfying sound to boot :)
Send this user an email