• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Europe In Flames Tournament Second Round
01-31-2013, 07:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2013, 08:21 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: Europe In Flames Tournament Second Round
Gordon,
Thank you very much for the images, my attention was immediately drawn to the fact that you had lost 4711 men, i am assuming that you had several units surrounded and destroyed?

This is were the job of balancing a game becomes very difficult, in balancing a scenario you have to make certain assumptions, one of which is that both players will be of equal ability and that there will not be a huge imbalance of losses.

If you had achieved parity in losses (which i know is achievable for the Allies) the game would have been a minor Allied victory or a draw which would have fitted well with the finishing positions of the forces in this game, in creating his bridgehead your losses could well have crippled the ability of the US forces to advance inland from this bridgehead and hence affect the course of the whole of the Sicily campaign and for that fact alone some may suggest you deserved to lose this scenario.

However i agree that it would be better if there was a real chance of the Axis driving the Allied back into the sea as they needed to do historically, i will let you know if i get round to looking at this again. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 08:01 AM,
[quote='Foul.' pid='372521' dateline='1359580604']
Gordon,
Quote:Thank you very much for the images, my attention was immediately drawn to the fact that your opponent had lost an amazing 4711 men, i am assuming that you surrounded several units and destroyed them completely?

Hi Foul,
note that Gordon (the Allies) lost more than 4700 people, not Axis...
Regards,
Paweł.
01-31-2013, 08:23 AM,
(01-31-2013, 08:01 AM)vLuttwitz Wrote: [quote='Foul.' pid='372521' dateline='1359580604']
Gordon,
Quote:Thank you very much for the images, my attention was immediately drawn to the fact that your opponent had lost an amazing 4711 men, i am assuming that you surrounded several units and destroyed them completely?

Hi Foul,
note that Gordon (the Allies) lost more than 4700 people, not Axis...
Regards,
Paweł.
Opps, thanks for the heads up, i edited my post to correct this mistake. :rolleyes2:
02-01-2013, 12:09 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Europe In Flames Tournament Second Round
Hi Foul,

The only troops surrounded were Paratroops and they were practically useless in this battle against the mobile units of the Axis, Thes were easily able to surround them and destroy them.
All the other losses have been by Axis frontal attacks and Allied counter attacks.
The Italian Division although one of the better divisions has be hitting well above it's weight I believe, although it seems some of it was required elsewhere in the campaign. However it's starting point on the map cut out from the campaign leave it here present and to attack at full strength. Likewise for the PzG div this has obviously increased the odds against a successful Allied Landing.
I believe that the objectives too are too far away for the Allies, the Allies in my screen shot have advanced 10 kilometers and 12 in places surely that is good enough for a beachhead.
This scenario in it's initial form had obviously just been cut straight out of the campaign and whatever was there remained there if you understand what I am saying.
As I have stated before I am unconcerned re this loss but this scenario IMHO wants a real look at it for future players.
I appreciate the difficulty of designing or modding a scenario to get it playable for both sides and I hope this is achievable with this scenario.
I have been playing PzC's for many years and I therefore I hope you will take some note of my opinion.
Anyway whatever the outcome I give you plaudits for attempting to make this a better scenario than in the original form.

Cheers,
Gordoncheers

02-01-2013, 06:35 AM,
vLuttwitz (Axis) gained the major victory against Gordons HQ (Allies)
02-05-2013, 04:06 AM,
Hello Genenerals

congrats to the winners of this round Smile At the half way point these are the standings.

Ricky B -200
Leibchen -175
Filip -125
Barbarossa -125
V\Luttwitz -125
Heinz -100
Witblitz -90
NACBAR2 -40
OJW -40
Gordons HQ -40

Some seriously hard fighting going on Helmet Wink

I will have the next round ready to go directlyHelmet Rolleyes
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman