• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

my pzc feature wish list
11-30-2012, 06:36 AM,
my pzc feature wish list
anything else to add?

-"surrender" option to end a scenario so you & your PBEM opponent can see the whole game like if the scenario expired at the last turn

-ability to shift-click and delete multiple AI orders at once (gets tedious in big scenarios like minsk)

-make the dialog box scalable for the air attack so you can see the whole name and also see what units can actually call the attacks

-AI autofire artillery but not normal fire

-doubleclick to find a unit from the "Strength" dialog box
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 06:49 AM,
RE: my pzc feature wish list
(11-30-2012, 06:36 AM)bwv Wrote: anything else to add?

-"surrender" option to end a scenario so you & your PBEM opponent can see the whole game like if the scenario expired at the last turn

-ability to shift-click and delete multiple AI orders at once (gets tedious in big scenarios like minsk)

-make the dialog box scalable for the air attack so you can see the whole name and also see what units can actually call the attacks

-AI autofire artillery but not normal fire

-doubleclick to find a unit from the "Strength" dialog box

I would also love to see a surrender option/ Early Termination Bid however, the idea wasn't received too well, back when I brought it up, in the past.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=59520

11-30-2012, 07:30 AM,
(11-30-2012, 06:36 AM)bwv Wrote: -"surrender" option to end a scenario so you & your PBEM opponent can see the whole game like if the scenario expired at the last turn
One idea is before you start make sure your opponent is using a password he is happy to supply you with should you finish early so at least you can look at his units although of course the FOW would still mask some of your own.

11-30-2012, 07:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM by Compass Rose.)
If we had a Early Termination Bid option, we wouldn't have to worry about passwords! Wink Big Laugh
11-30-2012, 08:04 AM,
(11-30-2012, 07:40 AM)Compass Rose Wrote: If we had a Early Termination Bid option, we would have to worry about passwords! Wink Big Laugh
Indeed i agree, but this idea can be used while this feature is not available.
12-01-2012, 10:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012, 10:59 PM by Elxaime.)
I would like the ability for engineers to improve and lay stronger minefields, like the ability they now have to turn trenches into bunkers over time. This could be useful in longer scenarios and it seems proper that if engineers can do one they can do the other as well.

Minelaying should also be possible to an adjacent hex, subject to reasonable limitations (e.g. no laying a minefield across an unbridged/impassable major river. In many scenarios, the front lines of the two sides are separated by mines and one wonders how they got there since it is death for an engineer to sit adjacent to an enemy for many turns while laying mines.
12-01-2012, 11:45 PM,
(12-01-2012, 10:56 PM)Elxaime Wrote: I would like the ability for engineers to improve and lay stronger minefields, like the ability they now have to turn trenches into bunkers over time. This could be useful in longer scenarios and it seems proper that if engineers can do one they can do the other as well.

Minelaying should also be possible to an adjacent hex, subject to reasonable limitations (e.g. no laying a minefield across an unbridged/impassable major river. In many scenarios, the front lines of the two sides are separated by mines and one wonders how they got there since it is death for an engineer to sit adjacent to an enemy for many turns while laying mines.
Some good points there, it would be great if in a big campaign engineers could lay up to a 3 strength minefield given enough time.
12-02-2012, 12:03 AM,
I'd like a simple rail counter display, counting down to your rail cap -showing how many you have in rail and how many left you can put into rail
12-02-2012, 05:12 AM,
(11-30-2012, 06:36 AM)bwv Wrote: anything else to add?

Sounds good at first, but open to much abuse. I surrender. Look things over. Delete the necessary games files. Restart the turn with full knowledge of the other players side w/o FOW. Great cheat. No thanks.
(11-30-2012, 06:36 AM)bwv Wrote: -ability to shift-click and delete multiple AI orders at once (gets tedious in big scenarios like minsk)
I know some things become tedious in bigger game scenarios, but how often over the long term does one use the feature?

(11-30-2012, 06:36 AM)bwv Wrote: -make the dialog box scalable for the air attack so you can see the whole name and also see what units can actually call the attacks
I actually got the air dialog expanded once about two years ago. It really should be dynamic and cannot remember the technical aspects why this was not done then.

(11-30-2012, 06:36 AM)bwv Wrote: -AI autofire artillery but not normal fire
Why not just leave those quiet sectors in a big game quiet?

(11-30-2012, 06:36 AM)bwv Wrote: -doubleclick to find a unit from the "Strength" dialog box
This one is really good. Locating wayward units that get pushed far from their parent org when on defense against a big offensive is a real pain in the game as it is now.
Locate the unit name in the strength box, close, write it down on paper (especially the games where the original unit names from the country of origin are used for chrome) open the find unit menu item, type in only the unit name, click search, then finally click on the unit to find it.
(12-02-2012, 12:03 AM)raizer Wrote: I'd like a simple rail counter display, counting down to your rail cap -showing how many you have in rail and how many left you can put into rail
RR raizer that Rail Baron of F40! Outside of F40, where is rail movement used so much? Nice to have though. Maybe a highlight rail button like the toolbar button to highlight units in travel mode would be easier to get done?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-02-2012, 07:35 AM,
hehe F40 is a rail baron game! love it. We French have frequent rail miles for 3rd and 1st DLM!
Where shall they go after the front caves in?