• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM Termination Bid Option
08-07-2011, 11:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011, 11:16 AM by Compass Rose.)
PBEM Termination Bid Option
One feature that I would love to see introduced to the PzC series is a PBEM Termination Bid option.

Currently, if you or your opponent find themselves in the unfortunate position of being in an irreversible Major Loss victory level with several turns left to play, you are forced to either play out the whole game, or surrender. For me, it is no fun being forced to play a blow-out game in its entirety only to be able to see the final positions map, at the end of the game. To avoid this, surrendering is the best option however, you and/or your opponent don't have the option to view the final positions map.

I'm not sure if the PBEM Termination Bid option has ever been considered for this series and whether a game update could make this option easily available. If an update introducing this feature is not possible, it would be great to see it introduced as a new added feature in future PzC titles.

PBEM Termination Bid Option is available in both the Early American War and American Civil War series. I think it is a very good option that would make the already very popular PzC series even better than ever and even more player friendly.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2011, 06:58 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2011, 07:05 AM by Sgt Fury.)
RE: PBEM Termination Bid Option
(08-07-2011, 11:14 AM)Checkmate King 2 Wrote: One feature that I would love to see introduced to the PzC series is a PBEM Termination Bid option.

Currently, if you or your opponent find themselves in the unfortunate position of being in an irreversible Major Loss victory level with several turns left to play, you are forced to either play out the whole game, or surrender. For me, it is no fun being forced to play a blow-out game in its entirety only to be able to see the final positions map, at the end of the game. To avoid this, surrendering is the best option however, you and/or your opponent don't have the option to view the final positions map.

I'm not sure if the PBEM Termination Bid option has ever been considered for this series and whether a game update could make this option easily available. If an update introducing this feature is not possible, it would be great to see it introduced as a new added feature in future PzC titles.

PBEM Termination Bid Option is available in both the Early American War and American Civil War series. I think it is a very good option that would make the already very popular PzC series even better than ever and even more player friendly.

Thanks

Hey,

Not sure why you would need this in panzer campaigns. If you want to offer a level of victory in PBEM just do so directly to your opponent. The only reason this feature is useful in ACW, for example, is because it allows you to continue with a linked series of games in a campaign without having to play every last move of a certain loss scenario.

In ACW, I don't think you get to see final positions on the map if you use this feature -- you just start the new scenario. Often I start a new scenario, and always a team game with a password I can share at the end.

Fury

08-08-2011, 01:36 PM,
RE: PBEM Termination Bid Option
If you want to see the information about your opponents forces, you should communicate that at the beginning of the game. That way each player can choose a password for that game which they can exchange in the event of a surrender.

Funny... In ten years of PzC gaming I have never had anyone else bring this subject up.

I guess it has been sufficient to discuss the game with your opponent after you get stomped good and have to surrender. Most members here at the blitz will share tips and information if one does not know what went wrong to lose badly.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp